6 - Don't Look Into The Past

This part of the story takes place in the past:

Febrary 10, 1998

"I'm telling you, everything will be fine, Vera. You know, I would do nothing to hurt you." There was a long pause before I spoke again.

"Okay, I'll do it. But-" She paused aswell, probably thinking hard about the decision she was going to make. "Johnathan, you're sure this is alright?

I mean.. what other choice do I have? I don't have the money to adopt or pay money for a Doner. At least I have Anthony, he's my only child, our only child. I know you're a scientist and all, So.." She'd trail off, soon speaking again.

"So I guess you can do it, it's not like it's hurting anyone. Want me to come by the Lab at 5?" I'd clear my throat, replying to her question. 

"Of course, that's perfect. Cya then." Hanging up now, I'd sit down in my office chair, feeling the cold tempture of the seat, as it hasn't been sat in for a while. Looking at my calender, I wrote down 5:00pm - Vera Experiment for today.

Beginning to question myself. What are we exactly doing? How am I going to pull this off? It could..

Change everything. Maybe even create an Evolution. I know exactly how I'm going to do it. I will take 3 of Vera's eggs, mixing them with a reproductive substance, that I also created. 

Hopefully making 3 fetuses.

Then 3 clones.

August 20, 1998

"I need this station prepped stat! The clones are ready for phase one!" I rushed around the lab, getting ready to bring the subjects into the world. It's been nine months already, it feels like it went by so fast. But the time is now, and the triplets are coming." 

Putting gloves on aswell as a mask, I'd make my way over to the subjects, looking at their controls to each machine they were seperatly in.

I'd lift the plastic casing around a red button, attached to each machine, so once I press it, the button will "tell" the machine to realease the clones, as if it was a actual pregnancy. But then just as I raised my hand to hit all buttons, a co-worker of mine interfered, shouting. 

"Sir, there's a problem!" His voice would sound rough and out of breath. I'd turn around, seeing him crouched down just enough for his hands to rest on his knees. "What is it?" I'd ask hurridly, wanting to proceed with the experiment.

"We.." He'd cough, then rolling my eyes, I'd grow impatient.

"Spit it out already!" Then turning back around, away from his figure. 

"The twi- triplets, sir. One didn't make it. I was prepping each one and just as I was finishing, something strange happened. The third clone's test tube spontaniously cracked, then eventually breaking it open. The water and the clone spilled out unto the floor, I don't know how... But, I tried everything I could. It's like it was too much pressure and it just shattered." He finished.

Staring at the red button, I parted my lips about two centimeters, my hand trebbling against the button, processing everything he had just said. One has died. That leaves only two.

Clearing my throat, I'd straighten my back, and regain my control over myself. "Thank you, we will proceed with just two then. I don't want anymore complications."  With that, I could hear his foot steps stomp further away from me, until I heard no more.

September 11, 1998

Well, everything worked out tremediously with the other two twins, although we lost one, two is just as perfect. The twins are growing and their strength is improving greatly. You see, I haven't mentioned it yet, but these twins are more powerful than you think.

Let me explain.

 These twins, aren't just any normal set of twins you see strolling along the sidewalk. No, as they grow and become stronger and bond, they will soon be able to communicate their thoughts and memories to one another.

Not at the exact time, but sooner or later, they will be able to process thoughts, memories, and even emotion's to one another. Like telekinesis.

Present Day

Johnathans part:

"And that, my lovely's is how you became what you are today. My experiment. Vera isn't your mother, neither is Anthony your brother. Well, I used Vera's eggs, but I created you." 

Both of my clones looked shocked as they were sitting in this rugid, abandoned place. I grew impatient, just looking at them. 

"Nickolai, take the girls to the basement, we have work to do." 

With that, he let go of Vera, then pacing towards the girls, fimly grabbing them and taking them away into the hall that led to serveral different rooms and the basement. 

"Vera, so lovely to see you!" 

Using my heel to turn around, facing her and giving her a grin, with my hands clasped together, against my chest.

She gave me a disgusted look and spat to my feet. "How could you do this Johnathan. Oh, how they must feel after taking that all in." "Don't worry about it Vera everything is going to be okay." I opened my arms, just about to give her a hug but she pushed me away. 

"No, don't touch me! Don't come near me! I can't believe you, what do you want with them anyway? Let them go, their mine! Not yours. Yes, you created them, but they are my children!" 

I grew angry, all I've ever wanted was for us to be a happy family, but no, Vera had to run off with some white trash. I turned to see more of my partners, smiling to them, giving them a signal to take her away aswell. 

"I'm sorry it had to come to this Vera, but you seem to not understand. The girls are just at their peek, and this is only the beginning." 

My partners came from behind her grabbing her shoulders and dragging her away. "Johnathan! You let me go! LET THEM GO! Get off of me!" I saw her struggle but it was no use.

"Now.. we have work to do." I started down the hallway to where the girls were taken. 

PHASE 2.