2 - The Mall

It's been a day and exactly twelve hours since I last saw my sister. When I blacked out back at the mall, that worker had called the police. Which leads me to where I am now, currently sitting in a interrigation room answering questions about my sister and where she could of gone to, or who could have taken her. 

The detective who was being a total pain in the ass was named Reinolds, whatever kind of name that is. "Okay, Marie, try to remember. Remember what she was wearing, or if she was talking about going somewhere else in particular." I sighed, muttering "I can't remember, I was having a panic attack." I broke the stare we were giving one another and just looked to the ground. I felt like half of myself was gone, as if something or someone was missing. The detective kept talking but I tried to block him out, as soon as a loud ringing screamed through my ears. Instinctively, I covered my ears and winced. 

It wouldn't stop, I don't understand why this was happening, it hasn't stopped since the mall, it's been going on and off every few hours. "Marie, are you alright?" As I heard his voice, the ringing soon began to get quieter and quieter. "Back away!" I yelled with rage towards him, unexpectedly getting up and rushing out of the room. 

I turned the corner where I could see my mom biting her nails and her make-up smeered around the corners of her eyes. I gave her a quick glance which only made me get teary-eyed. I could see so much pain in her face, she must feel more worse than me.

She got up and began walking towards me, probably wanting to know what they said to me, but as soon as we started communicating, the detective called my mom over. "Vera, were need to ask you a few questions in regards of your daughter Daliah." She gave me a sluggish smile before walking in to the room. 

I headed for the doors of the station, opening them, the wind instantly blew my hair in all directions, so I pulled my hoodie over my head. Taking out my phone, I checked to see if my sister had my chance called. No recent messages/calls. Great... 

Glancing around outside, I could see my mom's old beat up car beside a few trucks, and then there was my tiny scooter, it was a deep coal black which has a helmet resting on the seat. When they picked me up from the mall they must've brought my scooter by a tow-truck. Putting my phone back into my pocket, I exchanged it for my keys instead. Looking down at them, I cautiously grabbed the lady bug key chain attached to them, my sister had given it to me as a small birthday present. 

Instantly, I breathed out and began to cry. using my sleeves to wipe away the tears. I didn't want to think about it anymore, or answer any more questions. So I did the unthinkable, gribbing my keys harder, I rushed over to my scooter, turning it on and zooming off into the distance away from everything and everyone. 

As I was driving, I thought how my brother felt. Unless mom hasn't told him. He's away at college, which is good. He doesn't need to deal with this. Maybe Daliah is at Tony's house. Tony is her boyfriend. They've been dating for 

Speeding just under the limit, I made a quick turn, another minute or so and I'll be at tony's house, small town I know. At medium paced speed, I noticed a funny looking green car turning on every turn I took. Curiousity and suspision waved over me. As I kept making random turns, so would they. I started to speed up, eventually going to Tony's house and loosing them. 

Slowly turning down his street, I turned into a rocky drive way that consisted of a shiny mini van and what looked to be a toy automobile that little kids could drive in. Odd. Turning off my scooter and jumping off, I raced up to the door, knocking only twice.

"You're a no good for nothing peice of crap!" I could hear from inside his house, which made me roll my eyes, knowing that was his dad. I don't understand why he doesn't just leave, he is eight teen. Just start your life somewhere else already, why put up with the bull- "Dalia, I can't talk right now, I'm busy." I stared at him before quickly replying. "Wait, is Daliah here?" Tony was actually very handsome, he has a muscular build and curly brown hair with electrifying blue eyes, quickly looking past him, I made sure he wouldn't see me stare. "What? Oh, Marie. I thought you were Dalia. No, she isn't here. Look, I gotta go." His dad was still raging off in the background. I felt speechless, how could someone be so.. full of rage? "Oh.. Okay, if you see or hear from her, call me asap." He nodded, only to have the door slammed in my face. I turned, the yelling growing fainter and fainter as I walked away.

 Pacing down the drive way, my heart started to beat faster and faster, I could feel it through my chest as if it was going to rip out. Where had she gone too? All I could think of is either Tony's house or mine. Besides that, I wouldn't know. We told each other everything.. She wouldn't have ran away, or gone over to a friend's house. What if- No! Stop thinking like that Marie. I jerked myself to keep the bad thoughts away, practically jumping on to my scooter and speeding off. 

There goes that suspicious car again. It was really starting to get on my nerves. Like, go follow someone else! I started to speed up, going over the limit. Who were these guys or girls? And what did they want? A red light was coming up, oh no. Of all times, now?! There wasn't even any cars coming! This neighborhood is so dead.. I hit the brakes, slowing down and finally coming to a full stop. C'mon, turn green already. I could feel the car behind me on my heels.

Then, it felt as if time stopped and everything was in slow motion. I heard the car behind me, door open, multiple footsteps getting out. Quickly, without thinking or hesitating I got off my scooter.

It was too late. Before I knew it, a bag was placed over my head and I was becoming dizzy by the rag drenched with chloroform. I tried to scream and kick but they held me just long enough to throw me in the back seat, it felt cold and muggy. 

That's when I blacked out.