Chapter Nine: Truth, come out, come out wherever you are.

"Andrea, I do not want you to think about this, you need to be in peace" Alex says as we wait for the detective to arrive "How can I not think about it? He tried to kill me and I do not even know why" I say and Alex sighs, but his sigh is not the kind of sigh you release when your wife is been exasperating, his sigh  is more like the type of sigh you release when know more than you are telling "You know something I ignore" I accuse and Alex sighs even harder "I lied before, I did kind of suspected it, but I immediately dismissed the idea, because I never thought he could be capable of it" Alex says  "And you never thought to tell me? But most important, why did you suspected him?" I ask "I did not wanted to bother you with that, I was taking care of it, and since the detective told me that the kidnappers where not talking that it wasn't very likely that we could link someone else to the crime" Alex answers and I frown "Okay, now answer the other question" I demand "I..." "Alexander" I snap and he sighs.

A few years back, when grandfather died and his last will was read, Robert did tried to get rid of me when he found out that I was the next president of my grandfather's company and not him" Alex answers "He tried to kill you and you doubted he could try to kill me?" I ask "I doubt it,  because he wanted me out of the picture, not you,  I doubt it, because I did not find him capable of tying to kill you" he answers, I sigh "I am trying to figure out why, I mean, what Robert would gain with your death?" Alex asks and I sigh.

At the moment, even I ignore the answer to that question.

***

"Mr. and Mrs. Woods, I apologize I have interrupted your vacations, but as I told Mr. Woods over the phone, I wouldn't have bothered, if it wasn't important" the detective says as he enters to the living room (Alex has not allowed me to move from the sofa, I've been sitting for so long, I feel a butt cramp happening soon) "We understand, Detective Moore, I secure my wife and I want this to be solved as soon as possible, that way we can get back to our vacation without interruptions and worries" Alex says as he motions for Detective Moore to sit down in the sofa, facing us.

"Let's start from the beginning" Detective Moore says as he opens his notepad "Mrs. Woods, can you tell me what happened the night you were kidnapped?" Detective Moore asks "Sure, I was in my room, Alexander was with me" I go silent as I look at Alex "Tell everything as happened" Alex says "Please, avoid hiding details, everything is key on this type of investigations" Detective Moore says "Sorry, it will not happen again" I say as I release a sigh "Alexander was with me in the room, we were talking when we had a visitor, her name is Allison Ross, she came to my room, I was a little delicate from health back then, so Alexander asked her to join him at her room, so they could talk and my health wasn't affected" I say "Who is this Allison Ross?" Detective Moore asks as he writes down "My lover" Alex answers and I look at him "I am not going to lie, if she gets interview, she is going to say that" Alex says and I sigh.

"Okay, Mr. Woods left to talk to Miss Ross, then what happened?" Detective Moore asks "It was really quick, maybe a few seconds went by, when a gun shot is fired and the door is burst open, and a group of men enter to the room, the grab me, but I did not had strength, I couldn't fight back, so they  dragged me out of the room, I see one of the bodyguards on the floor" I answer "Go on" the detective says  "As I am taken to the elevators, one of the bodyguards attempts to safe me, but I end up receiving a bullet shot to my shoulder and that forced the bodyguard to retreat and me to be kidnapped, they got me into a van, and after that everything is very vague, I just remember that after driving for only God knows how much, I was thrown out of the van in motion, they did not stopped to see if I was alive, so I released myself from my restrictions, walked to the near by gas station and I blacked out, next thing I know I was in the hospital with a tube in my mouth" I say "Did you got to see any mark on your kidnappers?" he asks "No, they were masked, but one of them, the leader, he had blue eyes, and I remember this, because during my abduction, we interacted a lot, I can recognize their voices too" I answer "Detective, why are you asking her this questions? I thought you caught who did this" Alex asks.