38: boys and girls

There's a freaking peacock in my yard lmao

Madilyn's POV

Boys. Boys are weird. They think weirdly, and they have weird logic. When I think of one word to describe boys, the word that comes to me is weird.

Jack Gilinsky is weird, Cameron Dallas is weird, Taylor Caniff is weird, Matthew Espinosa is weird, and even Shawn Mendes is weird.

My experience with the oddness of boys started with Jack Gilinsky. I could never figure him out in my young teenage years. I always liked him but I was always too shy to tell him. I couldn't figure out his feelings towards me.

When I came to North Carolina I had to deal with my feelings for another four boys and also deal with figuring out their own feelings. I wish being a teenager wasn't so confusing, but at the same time I love the confusion. I love the feeling of finally figuring something out.

Maybe that's why I'm with Shawn now. It's because when I was with him I finally realized he was the one. I solved the puzzle that is my life. All the pieces just suddenly came together, and I was one happy puzzle. No, I don't have myself completely figured out but when I'm with Shawn, I feel like I'm half way there.

~*~

Cameron's POV

I'll never understand girls. You think they're all the same, but then you meet that one girl that makes you think differently. I think finding someone different is a good thing, but at the same time it confuses your brain and makes you think about a lot of things.

I like Aubrey but she is so hard to get. She doesn't play hard to get, she actually doesn't want to be 'gotten' if that makes any sense at all. It probably doesn't make sense, but that's what I'm trying to get at. When I think about Aubrey nothing at all makes sense. She doesn't make sense; that's why I like her so much.

~*~

Taylor's POV

Things always go wrong for me. Madilyn went wrong, and now Jordan is going wrong. I really liked Jordan, just like I liked Madilyn. Jordan is doing the same thing to me. There is always another guy that I have to compete with, and that guy is always better than me.

"This whole time, you've had a thing with Carter?" I ask, completely shocked as I stare at Jordan. Her phone was in my hands and she went to grab it, but I pushed my hand back so she couldn't. When I asked Jordan to be my girlfriend, she said she wasn't ready. I was kind of angry because I knew that was a lie. She acted like my girlfriend anyway, why couldn't she make it official? Oh yeah, because she had a thing with Carter.

"Taylor, it's not like we were dating." Jordan says, but I can tell she even knows it's a lousy excuse for the situation. "And you were snooping through my phone! Who does that?!"

"No I wasn't, I was taking selfies for you and all the sudden this text pops up from Carter saying he couldn't wait to go out with you on Friday!" To think I was going to leave some selfies for her like a nice person.

"Taylor," she sighs, "you know you still like Madilyn."

"Are you seriously bringing her up? You were the reason I was finally getting over her. Actually, I think I was over her. That's why I asked you to be my girlfriend."

"Oh, come on. You talked about her all the time. I was getting tired of hearing you talk about her while I was with you."

"So we're done?" I ask her, trying not to show a hint of a frown.

"We never started."

I literally flinch at her words. We never started? What the hell does that even mean? Kissing, cuddling, hanging out all the time wasn't a start? "I never expected you to be like this."

"I'm sorry." she says with no emotion behind her words. Without saying anything else, she walks over to her car. I stand on my porch and watch her go. I wasn't going to cry or anything, I was just pissed off. I let out a frustrated noise and bring my foot back, kicking the stupid plant off the porch. I yank my phone out of my pocket and call the only person I want to talk to.

"Hey Taylor." she answers. Just hearing her voice makes me not so angry anymore. Hearing her talk to me makes me relax and slump down to where I'm sitting on the step.

"Madilyn, can you come over?" I ask. I know she isn't with Shawn because he's working on songs and stuff with some of his people.

"What's wrong?"

"Jordan, she- can you just please come over?"

"Yeah, of course. I'll be there soon."

Madilyn finally got her liscence, by the way. So when she pulled into my driveway I was still sitting on the porch, gripping my hair in between my fingers. I hear her car door shut, and I can see her feet walking towards me. "What happened?" she asks as she takes a seat beside me.

"She was with Carter the whole time."

"Are you serious?" she asks after gasping. Then, she wraps her arms around me and pulls me into her, squeezing me. "I did almost the same thing to you... I'm so sorry Taylor. You don't deserve that."

I just lay my head on her shoulder and hug her back. I close my eyes while she runs her fingers through my hair, and neither of us say anything for a whie. I'm not going to do anything stupid like try to kiss her or tell her that I still like her. She likes Shawn and I'm sure it's going to stay that way. But do I really wanna give up?

"You know what Taylor, you deserve the best." Madilyn finally says. I look up at her and don't say anything, so she continues to speak. "I wasn't the best. You'll find someone way better one day."

"I don't want to find someone. I'm done with feelings."

"You okay though? You know, with the Jordan thing?"

I nod my head. "Will you stay and hang out with me for a while?"

She smiles and says, "of course," making me smile and we both walk into my house. I don't know where I stand with Madiyn's feelings. I thought I was over her, but when the whole Jordan thing crumbled I was thinking differently.

I wasn't sure if I had any hope for Madilyn and I, but I do remember something she said to me once. When she was dating Matt, she once said to me, "Taylor, you always make me second guess my decisions..."

...............

bruuuuuhhhhhhh

TWO CHAPTERS LEFT GUYS

question of the chapter:

do you want the jacks and sammy in the last two chapters? I may or may not have already decided if I was going to put them in, but I want to know what you guys want!