Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Lyric

It was 6 o’clock already me and Trey had relaxed the entire day. We were cuddled up on the couch watching a movie and eating popcorn. I jumped from the vibration of my cell in my pocket. I checked it to see it was JD. I hurried and texted him back. “Who dat” Trey asked. “Nobody” I lied pushing the phone back in my pocket. He turned his attention back at the television. I waited for him to say something but he didn’t so I got up and put my jacket and shoes on. “Where are you going?” he asked looking at me suspiciously. “I’m just gonna go out for a little while. I’ll be back soon.” I said kissing him on the cheek. “Do you need me to come with you?” he said getting up. “Nah baby I’ll be fine. Do you need anything while I’m out?” I asked him taking the keys to the Phantom.  “Hmm I don’t think so” he said. “Okay I will see you in a bit” I said opening the door and walking out. I drove towards the studio thinking how Trey would react when he heard the song I wrote for him for his birthday. I pulled into a parking space and look up to see JD waiting outside for me I guess. I got out of the car walked towards him “You were waiting out here for lil ole me” I said jokingly. “I wanted to make sure you got in safely can’t have Trey girl get hurt now” he said giving me a hug.

Trey

(15 minutes earlier)

I decided to follow Lyric she just ran out to fast for me not to think nothing was going on. As I drove slowly behind her I found out that she was on the road to the studio. “Why was she going to the studio” I thought to myself. I stopped driving when she parked and waited. She got out of the car and walked over to somebody smiling. I couldn’t make out who it was so I drove by a little closer to find out it was JD. They share an embrace and walk inside the building arm and arm. I cussed out loud and hit the steering wheel. How could she, how could he. How could they do this to me?  I wanted to turn around but I couldn’t let them get away like that. So I stepped out of my car, slamming the door behind me.