Prologue

Long ago, people lived in peace, bathed in the warmth of light.
Everyone loved the light.

Then people began to fight over it. They wanted to keep it for themselves.
And darkness was born in their hearts.

The darkness spread, swallowing the light and many people's hearts. It covered everything, and the world disappeared.
But small fragments of light survived in the hearts of children.

With these fragments of light, children rebuilt the lost world. It's the world we live in now.

But the true light sleeps, deep within the darkness.

That's why the worlds are still scattered, divided from each other.
But someday, a door to the innermost darkness will open and the true light will return.

So, listen, child.

Even in the deepest darkness, there will always be a light to guide you.

Believe in the light, and the darkness will never defeat you.
Your heart will shine with its power and push the darkness away.

« 花 »

"Hi, Chirithy."

"Hi, Chirithy."

The first Chirithy bounces in a cheery manner. "How's your wielder?"

"Good." The second Chirithy sighs.

The Chirithy blinks. "What's wrong?"

"My wielder... She's not acting as she's supposed to."

"What do you mean?"

"She's getting close to the truth. She shouldn't. Not her."

"Oh... And what do you plan on doing?"

"I don't know yet but... I can't do nothing."

"I know you treasure your wielder, but... You should tell the Masters, Chirithy."

"I know, Chirithy. But I want to protect my wielder too. I have to."

« 花 »

Chirithy watched as the girl slept in her bed, comfortably snuggled into her blankets and pillow as she dove into a deep and much needed sleep. The Chirithy jumped down from the windowsill in the girl's room onto the floor, jumping back up onto the bed, making sure to land softly on the covers as it eyed the girl.

"I'm sorry. I don't want to betray you, but... I can't let you get any closer to the truth. You've had enough adventures that you weren't meant to. I hope... I hope you can forgive me."

Chirithy turns its back to the girl, jumping off the bed and disappearing into a puff of smoke, off on errands of its own.

> > HOURS LATER . . . > >

"Good morning!" The girl turns her head, not moving from her seated position at the edge of the fountain. A smile spreads on her lips when she sees the blonde boy coming to a stop to stand next to her.

"Morning, Ven!" She hops onto the floor and stands up, patting her skirt to get any dirt off of her garments. "Are you out to collect Lux now?"

"Yeah, I was just about to do that. Do you... Wanna join me?" He adds, his hand scratching the back of his neck. An embarrassed look comes over his face, even when he does his best to suppress his feelings.

"Hm... Yeah, sure!" She answers cheerfully and follows him as he starts to walk. They can't walk more than a few steps before Chirithy appears at the edge of the fountain, the same spot the girl was seated at. "Good morning." Both wielders look back to the fountain, the girl's features lighting up as soon as her eyes land upon the Spirit. "Hey, Chirithy! Where have you been?"

"I see you're in high spirits today. We have some place to be in though. We should hurry and go, we don't want to keep them waiting." Chirithy states and jumps off the fountain edge, bouncing up the stairs past the two teens. Not wanting to make Chirithy and the other person, or thing, wait too long, the girl darts off in that same direction, but not without looking back and waving at her friend. "I'm sorry, Ven! I'll go with you another time!" The boy waves back, a small, disappointed smile on his lips. Once she's out of view, he releases an equally as disappointed sigh and starts walking the other way, down the stairs. "Guess it just wasn't meant to be."

« 花 »

"So... Chirithy, where's this 'them' you mentioned before?" She asks, looking around the alleyway, clutching the Dream Eater in her arms. "Are you sure this is the right place?"

"Don't worry, you're in the right place." The girl's eyes widen at the voice echoing through the alleyway, her eyes darting from the roofs of the buildings to the person in front of her. She stands in shock for a moment, which the person uses to speak once more. "I apologize if I made you wait long."

"M-Master Ava! No, no, I-I just got here too!" The Master giggles at the girl's flustered reaction. "Please, there's no need to be so nervous." The girl then takes a deep breath to calm her nerves. Focusing solely on the Master, she goes directly to the point. "So, Master Ava. Why did you call me here?" She gulps at the Master's change in expression, which went from a soft smile to a serious and stern frown. "Yes, we have matters we must speak of. But this is no place to do so. Follow me."

There was a strange feeling in the pit of her stomach, like something bad was about to happen. She had only seen Vulpes' leader once, and from a certain distance, never really exchanged more than a few words with them when she volunteered to join the Dandelions. But even with such little contact, the girl could feel the Master's kindness and gentleness - their light. She had a great deal of respect, and more than that, trust in Master Ava. So with a sudden burst of courage, she took a deep breath, ignored the sense of danger and followed the Master.

And, perhaps, she should have followed her gut feeling instead.

  « 花 »

A FEW NOTES . . .
Hi! I'm Ana, and this is my very very first kh fic. I've wanted to write one for some time, but nothing ever occurred to me until now. I was greatly inspired by an author here on Wattpad, though I'm too shy to say who it is haha,, Well, I have a few notes to make about this story, so please read the following paragraphs!

In this fic, you can choose which person you end up with, kind of like an otome game. Some chapters will have scenarios for each option at the end. The options include:

- one single/no relationship route;

- one route with a girl;

- four routes with boys.

I wanted to give this type of fic my own touch, so I added more options than the usual "reader x male character". They are few though, as these will serve as a test. Also, I'll write the mc/reader as a female, but since most of this will be written in 2nd person pov, those won't appear that much.

That's all! Sorry for such a long note, and thank you for checking out this book. Enjoy!