Chapter 1.

Chapter 1.

♫ KAT ♫

Music has the soul that people don't have.

Its ability catches your breath, pulls you in, makes you close your eyes at its beauty. It forces you to appreciate it, to marvel at its tone.

Sounds emit from the instrument, the radio, a voice, and captures your attention when you pick it up. Your ears perk up, and in your head, you think, this is amazing.

I can't hear those sounds. I feel them. I enter the music, understand it, place myself into those walls. Vibrations pulse through my body, and I hear them...really hear them. I hear them in a way no one else can.

It's breathtaking, gorgeous, unique.

The emotions that course through my body are unabridged. Tears come to my eyes when the tremors slow. All of the sad stories and sad lives are suddenly recalled. Everything remembered rushes back to me, and I put them in a song.

It is a song. Words I don't speak are strings attached to my guitar. Obstacles I've overcome are my fret board. My future is placed on my fingertips.

When the tempo picks up, nothing can stop me. Pure bliss cannot even describe where I am. I've escaped all of it - no one can touch me. My eyes close in wonder and my fingers fly through each of the notes, carefully sliding up and down the strings -

A sudden shove brings me back to Earth. Georgia stares at me, a sharp edge in her eyes.

"Stop!" I read off of her lips. Based on the angry furrow of her eyebrows and the slight flare in her nostrils, I'm guessing she's actually yelling at me. "You're playing too loud again!"

I point to myself and mouth "sorry" in apology, before getting up to leave the dorm. I can't exactly quiet myself down if I don't have no idea how noisy I am, so I decide to the park. It has nice, clean benches, a plethora of life, a beautiful scene...I won't be disturbed there.

Georgia is my roommate. She's, well, she's a bitch. Her family comes from pure money, and she's kind of snotty. But deep inside, I can tell that she has a kind heart. She would never admit it, though. It's like she enjoys her reputation of being mean.

Georgia is quite admirable, no matter how rude she is. Despite her wealthy background, she always works for what she wants, even though she doesn't have to. I respect her determination to make her own in the world.

The pond is shimmering really brightly today. Ducks swim in the area, a single file line of the mother and her little babies. I smile at the adorable family. It must be nice to have one like that.

The sun is also very merciful. The weather isn't too hot, but it's not freezing either. I close my eyes, feeling the cool, breezy air on my face.

I pull the guitar off my back and gently unzip the case, taking the instrument out by the neck. In a small pocket lies a tuner, which I quickly use to ensure that the sounds of the guitar are correct.

The hardened tips of my fingers hold down the strings as I pluck each with a guitar pick, smiling at the vibrations that travel down the board.

It's not long after that I lose myself completely. The music transforms me; all of the pent-up emotions release, all of the world goes away, and it's just me and my guitar.

I pause for a moment, breathless. When my lungs let out some air, I realize that the whole time I was playing, I wasn't breathing. Oxygen finds its way up my nose and into my air-sacs in tiny, tiny intakes of breath.

Slowly, I pluck a few strings for a harmony. The vibrations complement each other, running up my arm in sync. I commit those chords to my memory. Before I know it, I'm rapidly playing a song again, letting my heart out into the sounds, letting everyone around me listen to it, letting the birds and the plants glance at me in awe.

I can't stop. This is why life exists. It's perfect.

Suddenly, someone joins me, sitting close to me on my right side, without interrupting my playing. Warmth and excitement spreads to me, even though he's hardly touching me. He's quite tall, maybe a head above me. His eyes shine in green, sparkling in the sunlight. His messy, brown hair blows gently in the slight wind. His face is handsome, defined features that match the rest of his body. And his scent...it's topped off with sweat and a small aroma of cologne.

Even as I ogle him, my fingers don't hesitate.

I know this guy. Well, I don't really know him. But, I've seen him running the trail before. No one really runs this trail; it's kind of abandoned. I only found it by accident. So, it's kind of weird to see someone like him running along it.

I've seen him for a whole month now. Every time he passed me, his running would slow conspicuously to a slow jog. And I would stare at him as he would run away after seeing a smile light up his features.

Normally, I'd think he'd be a stalker. But something about his presence is actually quite comforting and welcoming.

Now, his Adam's apple bobs as his mouth moves and I try to figure out what he's saying. Usually, at first meeting, it would be something like, "Hey, I'm" so and so, "What's your name?" But, it's not the case here.

Then, I realize that he's singing along to my music, making up junk lyrics. I catch some of them, too.

"Spaghetti says hey-o in the room tonight

And pandas fly in the sky all bright

Pull up in a taxi-cab

Get rid of all that flab."

I'm not sure if I'm reading his lips correctly, so a laugh comes out of my mouth before I can stop it. He turns to me with a large, infectious smile, his eyebrow raised in question, but he continues.

Something about him is so intriguing. My heart pounds at the very, very light tremors seeping through me, and I want more. I want to hear him. Before my mind processes anything, my right hand touches his throat tentatively, sending fire and tingles up my arm. He sings with such enthusiasm, strong vibrations on their way to my heart. His voice is deep and mellow, refined, pure, coarse, and extremely enticing.

When his smile turns into a smirk, my face reddens as I snatch my hand back. Why did I do that? Embarrassment floods through me as I look away immediately, hoping for a time machine so I could undo what just happened a second ago.

My head tilts back up when I gain the courage to face him again, and he's staring at me, a patient crease in his eyebrow. I think he's waiting for me to say something.

My eyes cloud in confusion, and he silently understands that I'm asking him to repeat what he just said.

"If you wanted to feel me up, all you had to do was ask," He teases. My face heats up again, and my grip around my guitar loosens significantly.

Suddenly, it falls out of my hands, hitting my thighs before flipping over, on its way to a downfall on the small, concrete sidewalk in front of us.

I widen my eyes, and try to save it from death, but I'm not fast enough. My eyes shut and my heart drops, realizing that I've just lost my only guitar. My baby!

Taking a deep breath, I get up, staring only at the pond in front of me, when the boy taps me on my shoulder. I turn around, encountering a very much alive guitar in his hands. I snatch it happily, a big smile breaking out on my face.

"What, no 'thank you?' How about, 'you're the best person in the whole world!'" He says it rather quickly; I have difficulty picking it up.

When I finally comprehend what he says, he smiles, "Fine. I see how it is. I'll see you around, Rockstar."

With that, he turns and jogs away with me watching his strong frame from behind.

♥♥♥♥♥

Hi everyone! I changed the previous chapter to the prologue and now I've updated chapter 1! Let me know what you think! Is this something that I should continue?

Goals: 10 votes & 5 comments for the next chapter! :D