Chapter 12

"Hazel, please bring the others in here before Rachel arrives. I believe she will be here in a few minutes," Chiron explained. Hazel nodded and ran off. I followed Chiron into the Big House. He sat down into his wheelchair and covered his fake legs with a wool blanket. I sat on a couch and watched Seymour, the leopard head on the wall, snore.

"Tell me about your dream," Chiron commanded. I explained to him what I dreamt about. While I was talking, he seemed to grow more grey hairs.

"I see. We will discuss this when Rachel and the others come."

At that moment, Hazel returned with the rest of the seven. Nico was also with her, but Thalia was not. She had left a few days ago with the other Hunters of Artemis.

Hazel walked in with Nico. Nico was looking pale, as usual. Frank walked in behind them. He had his backpack slung over his shoulder. Leo ran in after him, a new gadget fumbling in his hands. He was covered in grease and his clothes looked singed. Piper and Jason walked in, holding hands and smiling. Finally, Percy walked in, helping Annabeth up the steps.

I felt a shudder go through me as Percy met my gaze. His expression was soft and goofy when he was talking with Annabeth, but when he looked at me, I was ready to die. He glared at me with so much hatred that I doubted he even looked like this in front of Kronos.

"Hey, Brooke," Annabeth greeted me. She didn't look very mad at me, but she still avoided my gaze. I felt guilt expand inside me as the two of them settled in the other couch.

"Tell them about your dream, Brooke," Chiron said. I sighed, tired of repeating the dream so many times. Reluctantly, I described my dream once again.

"That woman was Gaea, right?" Jason asked. Piper nodded.

"This means that Gaea's spirit is reaching Brooke. We need to make sure that this will not affect the camp," Chiron explained.

"We need to get rid of Gaea, not just try to avoid her!" Percy protested. Chiron raised a hand to calm him.

"Percy, we cannot risk another war," he countered.

"Yeah, Percy. I died last time we had a war, remember?" Leo grinned. Frank rolled his eyes, holding Hazel's hand.

"We must protext Camp Half-Blood and warn Camp Jupiter. We will alert the satyrs to try and bring back any demigods they find immediately so they are not harmed. We will have night watches and nobody shall go anywhere alone. We will not put the lives of other demigods at stake again," Chiron stated grimly. I raised my hand slowly.

"What about me?" I asked quietly. The room went still. Everyone looked at me.

"You seem like you have a good heart in you-" Chiron started, but Percy cut him off.

"A good heart?! She tried to kill Annabeth!" Percy shouted defiantly. Everyone else avoided my gaze, and even though they weren't saying anything, I could tell they were with Percy.

"Percy, please," Chiron said sternly. Percy opened his mouth to reply, but Annabeth shot him a look. He sat back down.

"Oak Robinson brought you here not just because it was his duty, but he must not have sensed extreme danger in you. But, you are still a threat, and until Oak wakes up, we cannot be sure of his reasoning. You will be staying in your cabin until we are sure you are not going to harm anyone else. You may join us during mealtimes, but other than that, you are not to leave your cabin. Is that understood?" Chiron questioned. I nodded sadly.

"Rachel will be in here any minute," Piper announced, and at that moment, the girl I saw in my dream walked in.

Rachel's vibrant hair was tied into a sloppy knot with a bandanna. Her jeans were covered in ink marks and her white shirt was splattered with paint.

"Hey, Chiron," Rachel smiled as she walked in. Chiron nodded at her.

"Hello, Rachel. This is Brooke Evans," he added, gesturing to me. Rachel grinned and held out her hand.

"Ah, yes. The infamous daughter of Gaea. Pleasure," she said as I shook her hand. Rachel sat down on the last chair.

"So, what do I need to do?" Rachel asked. The others helped fill her in. They talked about my dream, how and when I arrived, my claiming, and my attack on Annabeth. Rachel sat still with her eyebrows furrowed and chin on her hand. When we finished, Rachel stood up.

"Chiron, it is safest if we avoid another war, but that is nearly impossible. Gaea is alive and we need to get rid of her, completely. She is powerless, but Brooke is not. If Gaea is able to control Brooke, then we are in major trouble," Rachel explained.

"So what do we do?" Jason asked.

"We shouldn't leave Brooke alone, ever, so we know that Gaea is not in contact with her," Annabeth suggested. Rachel nodded in agreement.

"What do we do about Gaea herself?" Nico asked. Once again, I jumped out of surprise that he was there.

"Well, that's-" Rachel started but suddenly stopped. She collapsed on the floor.

"Rachel!" Hazel cried, but Piper held her back.

Rachel started to sit up. Green smoke surrounded her. She opened her eyes, which were now glowing.

"The child cast down from the gods

Will be sent to the realm of blinding fogs

The Earth waits for her in sleep

Five others will go, but one, she must keep.

 The sea's kin must follow

As should the dove, the skull, and the owl.

And the blessed girl seen in a dream

Must be freed from where she is seen."

Rachel finished and the fog disappeared.

"It looks like our plans have changed," Leo said and threw the miniature airplane he finished up in the air.