Chapter 21: Ali and Ala

Alice groaned and rubbed her head.

'Finally, you are up; I have been trying to wake you for the past six hours,' Ali said. 'Now get up so that we can find a way out of here.'

'Be quiet,' Alice said. 'Don't give me orders. I don't like you. You are evil. I thought you were kind, but I was wrong.'

'You don't like me?' Ali asked. 'That is a first; I never thought my companion would hate me. Alice, you can't hate me; that is not fair.'

'Until you and Ala fix your problems, I will hate you,' she said. 'Now, let me think.'

She stood and looked around. She saw a window. She went to it and looked out. All she saw was water.

A ship?

'Alice, don't hate me,' Ali said. 'We need to hate Ala; this is her fault.'

'No,' Alice said. 'It's not her fault we got captured. And it wasn't her fault for what happened to your husband. I saw them in my dreams. You misunderstood things, and we are going to clear it after we get out of here. Also, I can sense Alana; she's in the other room.'

Alice knocked on the wall. "Alana? Are you there?"

"Alice," Alana responded. "Thank goodness your up. Are you okay?"

"Yes," Alice said. "And you, can you shift?"

"No," Alana said. "I'm still getting over the taser; it's painful, you know. Also, I am pissed off, that jerk; how could he do this to us. Lilac was right about Ashton. She said there was something off about him."

"Logan said the same thing," Alice sighed. "Alana, I am sorry for not hanging out with you."

"It's fine," Alana said. "Don't worry about it, and I know Ali is there with you. Don't let her control you; she and Ala have to fix their mess later."

"Right," Alice looked around. "We have to find a way to get out of here."

The door opened, and Ashton walked in with another man. "We are here, come on." Ashton gripped her arm and dragged her out. The sunlight hurt her eyes. She blocked the sun, and it took a while to adjust her eyesight.

Once she could see, she saw Alana. "Alana!"

"Alice!" Alana struggled. "You asshole, who are you? You traitor."

"I am not a traitor," Ashton said. "I was never part of your world; I was only a spy. All I have been after is Alice. But unfortunately, you had to tag along,"

"Why me?" Alice asked. She was curious to know what she did to him.

"You don't remember me, do you?" Ashton said. "The day you got kidnapped when you were younger."

Alice frowned. "How do you know that?"

"Wait; what?" Alana looked at her. "You were kidnapped? When?"

"I know because I was there with you," Ashton said. "I was the boy that they brought in after you. But I wasn't kidnapped; I was part of them."

"Alice?" Alana was waiting for an answer. And it's time she knows the truth.

"On our sixth birthday," she said. "I had wondered off and into a cave. The one our father told us not too, and I saw some stuff. And then I got captured. And I was held there for a while. They were going to take me away, but thankfully father found me, and well, here I am. Thought, when they told you I was sick, it was a lie. I got hurt and had to stay in bed. But because I got injured, Ali disappeared. It is why Ala hasn't been able to sense her until now. The scars you saw on my back, those are from my injury. It is why I never wear tank tops. Just recently, I began to wear them."