Chapter 1- Savior

So I finally gave a dedication to a wonderful person who was extremely nice in her comments... Thank ya darling xxx

LIAM'S POV

The lads and I were on stage performing Save You Tonight at a small venue on our American tour. We really liked this place and could pretty much see every fan in the audience. The energy bounced off every single wall and the floor seats were jumping around like a mosh pit.

"I can't be no superman

But for you I'd be superhuman!

I-I-I I wanna save ya, save ya, save ya..."

I skimmed through the crowd and noticed someone sitting in those seats that are their own private balconies.  No one was supposed to be sitting in those seats, for we hadn't sold any tickets there. But in one of them, I could see a small figure move around, crouching behind the railing, as if trying to hide.

What the bloody hell?

I hadn't realized that I had stopped singing at this point. I just stared at the balcony, trying to figure out what was going on. I didn't really think of anything bad until I saw the person pull something out- something big and long...

...and sort of looked like a rifle. 

I began to panic until I felt a body jump on mine and the sound of a gunshot ring throughout the whole venue. Screams and the shuffling of feet followed immediately as security rushed fans out of the building to safety. I looked to my side and exactly behind where I was standing was a large bullet hole. If this mysterious person didn't jump on me, I would be lying dead on the stage floor with that bullet lodged somewhere inside of me. 

Who just saved my life?

Whoever it was couldn't have been Paul, or any of our security as a matter of fact. The person felt too small and too light as they landed on top of me. I would've been crushed under our beefy security guards. 

I'm pulled to my feet by the rest of the boys as they sprinted off stage, dragging me with them as I stumbled in pure shock, my ears still ringing.

I could've just died. 

I took a quick look at the balcony and I could see with the lights now on that it was empty. Not a person in sight. But someone was there. With a rifle. Meaning to kill me. I returned my attention the the stage behind me to see who I had been saved by, but I was ambushed by my friends, my band, and my crew, all of them making sure I was okay. I told them that I was fine but that didn't seem to register with them. 

I was seriously fine physically, but maybe not mentally. I was still in absolute shock over what had just happened. I've never been so close to dying in my life. Death was a whisper away from me, brushing against my skin.

"Wha- what just happened?" I stuttered out.

"Well, besides the obvious fact that your blood was almost just splattered all over the stage, we're not exactly sure. But we have Ariana out there now looking for bullet casings and the actual bullet itself to inspect." Paul informed me, brushing off my shoulders.

"Ariana? Who's Ariana?" I asked, completely ignoring everything else he had said. The name was completely unfamiliar to me. 

"The girl who you should thank for saving your life." Paul said before joining into an intense conversation with the other guards.

I looked over at the boys in question, but they all shrugged and shook their heads, indicating that they didn't know who she was either. Probably some woman security guard they hired.

We all just sat around backstage, with the protection of guards, waiting to hear back from this Ariana woman. She was still a complete mystery to me, for everyone seemed too busy to answer my questions. After about 15 minutes, a young girl entered the backstage area from the stage and walked over to Paul, who was currently hovering over at us. She must be a lingering fan or something, because she couldn't be more than 14 or 15 years old.

Her entire face and body screamed youth. She had to be around 5'3 and had a small frame, but there was stil plenty of muscle on her skin. She wasn't just bones; you could tell that working out and training is ordinary for her. Maybe she played soccer or even lacrosse. Those sports seem to be very popular here in America. Her brown hair was pulled back into a long, sleek ponytail, and her brown eyes were dark and very tense. Her choice of attire was very unusal for a concert though, for she was wearing tight black pants, a black shirt, black combat boots, and a dark blue windbreaker jacket. I guess some people have their own taste when it comes to fashion, and black was obviously her color. 

I was getting ready to sign an autograph or take a picture, the boys thinking the same thing, but we were not expecting to hear the words, directed towards Paul, that came out her mouth. She didn't even take a second to acknowledge us. 

"I couldn't find a shell casing anywhere, but the bullet was easy to find as it left a big gaping hole for anyone to see. I was able to retract it and placed it in an evidence bag." She pulled out a small plastic bag labeled 'Evidence' as she said this, with the bullet that was meant to kill me resting inside. She handed it to Paul as she continued. "The shooter cleaned after themself very well, so for now, this bullet is all we have. But I think we both have the same gut feeling to who's behind this, don't we." 

Paul gave her a concerned nod, before handing the bag to another guard, who immediately left, as if they had planned all this out in advance. Niall's curiousity gave way before mine could as he spoke up to the girl.

"Um, excuse me, but who are you?" 

She turned and gave him her full attention long enough to give him her name.

"Ariana Ricozzi, it's a pleasure to meet you." She gave us a nod of respect, before a guard grabbed her attention. We all stared at each other in shock.

This is the person who just saved me from death? A teenaged girl?

I, like the rest of the boys, was unable to believe this, until she turned her back to walk away with the guard. On the back of her windbreaker read the five letter word in bold, yellow letters that confirmed everything: 

AGENT