Surprises

"So Dad, when's Mom going to be home? I'm famished," I said, breaking the silence.

"I'm not sure, Jess-"

"DEREK?! CAN YOU COME HELP ME WITH THE GROCERIES?!" Garcia screamed below, cutting him off.

I started to laugh. And Spencer smiled.

"Does that answer your question?" he chuckled as he left my room.

I nodded and he closed the door. I turned to Spencer, who lunged at me. I covered my mouth from laughing as he nibbled my ear.

"Spence..." I mumbled, pushing him off.

He went back for more.

"Spencer!" I snapped quietly at him, putting my hands on his chest.

"What?" he asked, his brown eyes staring at me.

"Derek and Garcia are downstairs, if they hear anything suspicious... They will barge in! I don't want my parents to see me making out with one of our co-workers," I murmured.

"What are you saying?" he asked, rubbing my back.

"L-let's just keep it professional, alright?" I choked.

He looked away.

"Is it because I kissed you?" he said, hurt coating his voice.

"No!" I screamed.

"Then, w-what is it?!" he screamed.

"I like you Spence, I really do. I just don't want to be in a relationship right now! It'll just create sexual tension between us and get in the way of our work," I cried softly.

Tears sprung from underneath my eyelids and he pushed them away.

"Can we at least still be friends?" he asked, patting my knee.

I reached over and hugged him.

"Of course," I whispered into his soft brown hair.

I pulled away smiling, grinning from ear to ear. I heard three knocks on my door. I shook my head, calming myself down and took a deep breath in.

"Come in!" I told the knocker, sounding as cheery as I possibly could.

"Hey Jessie?" Garcia asked, opening the door.

"Yes?" I replied, pushing Spencer hand off my knee.

He blushed and scratched his neck awkwardly.

"Dinner's ready and... Oh, hello Reid," she smiled.

"Hi, Garcia," he mumbled.

"So what were you saying, Mom?" I asked, releasing Spence from the awkward tension.

"What? Oh yes, um... Reid, you're staying for dinner," she blabbed.

"I would love to Garcia, but-"

"Oh that wasn't a question, Reid," she smiled, leaving the room.

I giggled as Reid went red faced. He looked at me and smiled so I bit my lip. He shuffled closer, placing his lips close to my ear.

"I want to be the one biting your lip, Jessica," he whispered, sending shivers down my spine.

I slithered past him and walked to my bedroom door. He locked eyes with me from across the room and got to his feet. He came to me and met me in the door frame. I stuck my hands in his back pockets and pulled his body close to mine, making him gasp a bit. I went onto my toes, so I was as close to his ear as possible.

"Maybe some day, Spencer," I teased, making him get goosebumps on his arms.

I turned away, going for the stairs with Spencer following behind me like a little puppy.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

I descended the stairs, seeing Garcia and Morgan already sitting on one side, meaning me and Spencer were sitting beside each other. I sighed as I took my seat. Garcia had made Chicken Alfredo, my favorite. I was eager to dig in and stuff my face to avoid any conversation. After twenty minutes into the meal, Garcia rose out of her seat.

"Jessie, do you know why you were offered this job?" she asked me.

"Um... No, I don't actually," I responded in a puzzled tone.

She looked at Derek, who smiled and nodded. She took a deep breath in.  

"Because I'm pregnant!"