Whereabouts

I think you might like to know what happened to them after this. 

   Well, Sage and his mother, Francesca, left, as he had planned. But it wasn't until he was seventeen, three years of him nagging for them to leave. Shane never got better, in fact, he died a couple years ago from choking on something. Sad he never learned all that consuming of alcohol would've killed him. 

   As for Francesca Elizabeth Johnson and her son, Sage Derrick Johnson, well, they left and disappeared for the longest of times. In fact, no one knows of their whereabouts to this day. 

   But, I do know where two people whose names are Ellie and John are. In fact, I am married to a man whose name is John, and his frail old mother with a strong heart and energy of a child named Ellie stays nearby.

   As you probably have figured out, John came from Johnson, because Sage wanted to hold a part of his true father whom he never found, within his name. Ellie was chosen because of Francesca's middle name. 

   John has never told me this story until a couple years ago. Since then, well, we've only grown closer. Some nights he needs me to shake him out of a reality where a man holds a knife and wants to strike him, and some nights he wishes to find his true father. 

   Some nights he just cries. 

   And I am alright with that, as you should be too. 

   Because, as a kid, it is beautiful to be in the oblivion. But it is ever so brutal to be woken from this slumber, to finally open your eyes and see things that some adults are still ignorant of. 

   It's brutal to go through that and have to see it everyday around you, whether on the news or in the neighbors backyard. 

   Although, you never truly are out of the oblivion sleep. Because that's the brutally beautiful thing about oblivion. You may see glimpses of it, but oblivion never truly leaves your eye sight. It stays and fogs it up, no matter how many times you go and wipe off your lens. 

   I honestly like it that way.