Serial Killer?

Trigger Warning: This story contains mentions of assault of various natures, if that is triggering for any of you, you may not want to read any further.

AT THE LAB:

It was quiet, too quiet for New York City. To civilians in the City That Never Sleeps, it seemed like a normal day. However, for the NYPD, it was far from normal. It was like all the criminals in the city were taking a vacation on the same day. That didn't mean the NYPD got to relax though, if anyone were to walk into the station they would see the city's finest hard at work.

"Ha! Take that!" Flack cried jovially as he tossed another paper ball across the room at his target.

Danny ducked behind a desk to avoid the shot before firing off his own paper ball.

"Man, with aim like that how did you ever pass your firearms qualification?" Flack laughed, dodging the ball.

"Funny, I was about to ask you the same thing!"

Flack fired off another ball and Danny once again managed to duck out of the way before it hit him. Unfortunately, this time when he ducked the ball found a different target and hit Stella directly in the face as she entered the station.

"Hey! Guys!" Stella called, holding the ball up and raising an eyebrow, "Seriously?"

"Sorry Stella," Flack said, trying to stifle his laughter, "Danny and I were just... uh..."

"I see you're both hard at work," Stella said, rolling her eyes before turning to face Danny. "I heard you needed to speak with me?"

"Uh yeah," Danny said, shifting from foot to foot, suddenly seeming nervous, "Actually, I need to talk to both of you, I just got a little... distracted... before, you know?" He held up the paper ball still in his hand and Stella rolled her eyes again.

"What's up man?" Flack asked, sitting down. Stella took the seat next to him and Danny sat across from them both.

"I wanted to talk to you guys about Lindsay," Danny said and Stella and Flack exchanged looks.

"Is everything okay with you guys?" Stella asked him and Danny nodded.

"Yeah, yeah, everything's fine. Better than fine, actually... I'm actually planning on proposing to her."

"Danny that's great!" Stella exclaimed.

"Yeah man, that's awesome! When were you thinking of asking her?" Flack asked him.

"I was thinking this weekend," Danny said, wringing his hands. "We've got dinner reservations and I was thinking we could go for a walk by the water after... So you guys think this is a good idea?"

"Of course it is!" Stella said, "Why wouldn't we?"

"I didn't know if we were going too fast or anything..." Danny said, still looking nervous.

"Nah Danny, you guys are the most solid, stable couple I've seen, which is really impressive when you consider you're 50% of that couple," Flack said, laughing at the look his best friend shot him. "You got a ring yet?"

"Yeah, Mac's holding it in his office for me," Danny told them, "It was the one place I knew she'd never find it."

"I think this is great man," Flack told him.

"Me too Danny, we're both really happy for you," Stella agreed. "Our little boy is all grown up."

"Ha ha," Danny shook his head, though he was smiling.