Chapter Ten

Sorry I haven't updated in over a week. I really haven't had the inspiration and my writer's block is sky high. If you have any ideas for any future chapters let me know because I need some.

Anyway, I think you might like this chapter since it's in Luke's point of view.

Chapter Ten

Luke Hemmings

"Wait, what?" Ashton asks for, what seemed like, the one thousandth time since I've told the story.

"Dude," Calum exclaims. "So, you're, like, a dad?"

"Not like a dad, Cal," Ashton says, "but he is a dad. Well, was a dad."

"Dude, insensitive much?" Calum punches the other boy's shoulder.

I shake my head, combing my fingers through the faltering quiff that I couldn't bring myself to care about (for once). "It's alright. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it."

"So, like, what're you gonna do?" Ashton asks.

I shrug my shoulders. "What is there to do?" I ask, although it wasn't really a question for them to answer. "It's all over. I mean, not to sound like a dick, but what's done is done."

"Are you upset?" Calum wonders.

"Of course,"!I reply.

"With Taylor?"

"Somewhat. I'm angry she didn't tell me, but that's partly my fault. I wasn't exactly reachable. The only people she talked to were Kaytlin and Michael," I explain.

"Whoa, okay, so Michael knew?"

Again, I shrug. "No clue."

"Would you be mad if he did and didn't tell you?" Calum questions.

"Probably," I say, "but he wouldn't keep that from me. I doubt Taylor would tell him. Hell, he didn't tell her we were all in a band together. Why would she tell him she's pregnant with my... my, um-"

"Your baby," Ashton finishes for me.

"Yeah, that." I nod firmly.

"What now?" Calum asks. "Are you still going to try to get Taylor to be your girlfriend?"

I shake my head, then put it in my hands shortly after. "Nah, man, I don't think so. Not at the moment anyway."

"Why?"

I take a swig from my Corona bottle before answering, "She's obviously doing very well here with her job, college, and that intern. I don't want to mess that up for her."

"She had all of that before this baby mama drama," Ashton points out. "What made you change your mind?"

"That," I say, "that exactly. The baby mama drama, as you put it."

"I think it'd be cool for you guys to get together," Ashton implies. "Since you, like, had a baby together."

"I don't know," Calum inputs. "I think you should give her some space."

"Dude," Ashton speaks to Calum directly.

"Bro," Calum replies.

I roll my eyes, standing up from the couch and heading to the kitchen. Leah is in there fixing up lunch, what appears to be cheese toasties and tomato soup (when Michael gets here he's going to vomit).

"Hey, Luke." She smiles warmly.

"Hi, Leah," I reply, throwing my empty beer bottle into the bin.