Chapter 2:

Sorry for such a late update! 0.0

Lazy freaking Alice...

Haha...

~AliceandFriends <3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Reader's POV--

"Okay." Zach stated, bending slightly over the map of the U.S. that he'd laid out on the coffee table.

After everyone was ready you'd all moved to the couch, one of the chairs, or just crouched around Zach and his map.

"This pink highlighted route is Max and me." Zach said, tracing his pale finger along the winding pink line.

"Awe...why pink man?" Max whined, earning an annoyed glare from Chad.

"The Yellow route," Zach continued, ignoring Max's comment, "Is (y/n)'s route."

"Just me?" You asked, surprised.

"You're driving alone, yes." Zach stated casually, mumbling something under his breath.

"Last is Melissa, Brandon, and Chad. You'll be the orange route. I've given you all maps with the routes highlighted. We're traveling in odd groups to avoid suspicion from officials."

"Still isn't it weird for me to be driving alone...?" You asked quietly.

"I agree, everyone should have at least one person with them." Chad added, voice somewhat emotionless.

You caught his eye for a moment before he quickly looked away. You growled quietly to yourself, tuning back into the conversation.

"No. (y/n) will drive alone." Zach grumbled, head down to avoid everyones gazes.

"But-" Brandon started to argue.

"It's fine. I can drive alone." You piped up.

"Are you sure (y/n)?" Melissa asked, taking her sucker out of her mouth once more to speak, her lips stained red by the cherry candy, "That's a lot of driving for one person."

"She can handle it." Zach added, looking up at Melissa and everyone else with his stressed and worrisome eyes, "Max will be driving the entire time for me so (y/n) should be able to handle driving a few hours today and a few tomorrow."

"Yeah-wait. What?!" Max snapped, glaring accusingly down at Zach, who simply smirked and turned back to the maps.

3 hours later...

You'd taken the keys handed to you from Zach, not asking questions about who's car it was. Max had chuckled when he saw the suspicious glare you and Melissa had given the car keys.

"I'll see you all in a few days, the circles on your routes are rest stops and the stars are the hotels you'll be stopping at. I want you all to check in each night before going to sleep. Keep your ringers up at all times. If something happens," He swung his ashy gaze over the group, expression solemn, "There's no way to come back for you. We'll see what we can do but..."

Everyone shared panicked gazes quickly before heading off to their cars.

"Hey..."

You felt someone grab your arm and turned to look, seeing Chad.

"Be careful."

You widened you eyes momentarily before responding with a curt 'You too'.

The drive was long for you. By the time you reached the first hotel it was already one a.m.

By morning you were still exhausted and the rain's rhythmic pounding on the car didn't help to keep you awake. You passed a green sign, warning you of the approaching town. A stone bridge marked the town's limits. The muddy water beneath you churned and swirled away, signaling it rained often here.

"Who would wanna live in a town named Everfalls...?"

You called Zach, letting him know you reached your next stop and that you needed to get some sleep. He'd been glad to hear that you made it through the storm.

Parking in front of an old, stone hotel, you got out of your (f/c) car and ran up to the building, hugging your bag to your chest.

"How can I help you today Missy?" A cheerful looking lady chirped from the front desk. Despite the simple exterior the inside of the hotel seemed larger with shiny tile floors and carpeted stairs.

"Hi..." You glanced at the red haired women's name tag, "Sheryl. I need to check in. It should be under my-er... boss's last name. Miller?"

Zach made the reservations...right?

"Yup. He just called saying you'd be here Ms.(l/n)!" Sheryl said, smiling.

You thanked her, took the room key and headed up the stairs.

As you walked into your room and set your bag down, a raging shock of pain shot through your head and you gasped. Clutching your head you fell to your knees, wincing. The pain faded as fast at it had come and your furrowed your brows.

"What the hell was that...?" You muttered angrily, standing and walking to the window.

It was only sprinkling and showed no signs of stopping soon.

It's only 2 o'clock... this seems like a nice town. Maybe I should walk around a bit...? Why not, It can't hurt.

Grabbing your wallet and shoving the room key into a secure pocket, you shuffled out of the room and hopped down to stairs.

"Going out deary?" Sheryl asked in her happy voice from behind the counter.

How can someone be so happy living in such a wet and deserted town... this place isn't even on the map!

"Uhm, yeah." You said, turning to smile shyly at the crimson haired lady.

"Well have fun!" She said, smiling, "Oh, and be safe!" She added as the door closed behind you.

The shops lining the street ranged from small fishing shops to candy stores and clothing depots.

"Where to first?"

Walking down the street you pulled your (f/c) striped scarf up a little and looking around. There weren't many people out and you noticed a man with his head down and nose buried in a book walking the opposite way on the sidewalk.

"Excuse me, sir?" You questioned, tapping him lightly on the shoulder.

The cloth of his tight black coat was soft and familiar to you for some reason.

"How can I help you, friend?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------Sorry, I know it's pretty short but i'm already writing the next part!

I was actually gonna write more but I couldn't help myself and i ended it on a cliff hanger...

;)

~AliceandFriends <3