Chapter 1

Ryann's POV

I know right about now your thinking, I thought this was supposed to be a girl? Well Ryann is a girls name to and it just so happens to be mine, I'd prefer not to have someone always saying that it's a boys name. But anyway, I suppose your here to hear about what happened that year right? Thought so well here we go...

My name is Ryann Elizabeth Schneider. I am a professional movie actress and I love to ride horses! I'm not a stuck up rich snob or anything, I've always been a fan of horses and acting, it just so happened that I ended up chasing my dream, but this is the first year that it will actually be happening for me. My best friend, Lily, hopped on my bed and layed on her stomach with her magazine.

"I still can't believe that you are leaving me to go to London to shoot your movie!" Lily said while a frown formed on her face.

"Lil, it's only for a couple months, and besides, you should be happy for me!" I smiled, I was so excited that I had got the role that I wanted so badly.

"I know but it's just hard to think that my best friend is going to be famous and that she isn't going to be coming back to public school with me next year."

I may have forgot to mention that I'm only 15-years- old, and I'm going into 10th grade next year. While we have stopped to talk about me, I'll tell you more about my background and just overall, me. I'm super short for my age standing at only 5'1" on a good day, which is why I am mostly in heels my whole life, it's quite embarrassing. So like I said, I love heels, I don't think that I could live with out them but who knows. Tons of people tell me how gorgeous and pretty I am but I kind of just brush the comments off of my shoulder because I don't want that to go to my head. I mean I know that every girl is beautiful and all that jazz but me? No, never! Lily and Jared are my two best friends. Jared likes men if you catch my drift but that obviously doesn't bother me or Lily! Both of my parents died when I was eight so I lived with Lily and her parents because they adopted me so I could stay where I knew everyone. It sometimes still gets to me even though it happened a long time ago, but Christmas is the worst out of all the times I get upset.

I would always wake up when I was little and run to my parents room first thing at 5 in the morning. My mom was always sleeping but my dad, never! He would wait for me to get up because he was just as excited as me! Then we would creep downstairs and he would let me open my stocking but no presents until mom got up. Every year we would wait exactly an hour and a half to wake mom and then during that hour and a half we made her breakfast in bed. It was the same every Christmas, two pancakes made from scratch, two eggs with toast to dip in the yolk and a glass of orange juice on the tray with a vase and a single pink rose. We would bring it up to her and she would always already be sitting up in bed waiting because she knew it was coming. Then we got our food and brought it up and all had a nice talk and laugh together. Then we would go downstairs and they would watch me open my gifts. My mom took a picture of me with every single present that I opened.

That was our Christmas tradition and now I refuse to let anyone buy me a present and Lily's parents don't because they know why I don't want them and its just a really hard day for me. Don't worry though, I always buy them presents! Like I said I'm not mean.

My hair was a dark brunette and it was naturally curly but I liked it straight even though everyone says they adore my curls. My eyes are a hazel but they change color to match the clothes that I am wearing. If I'm wearing green they turn green, blue then they're blue, anything dark then they go brown but it's fun never having the same color, I would get bored. My smile is identical to my mothers and people always are talking about how much I look like her and somehow that just makes me even more upset. But anyways back to the story.

Me and Lily both heard a knock at the door and it was the pattern that Jared always did so we knew exactly who it was.

"COME IN!" I yelled towards the door. I was sitting on the ground inside my walk-in closet packing my suitcase when a very angry looking Jared stormed in.

"Why didn't you tell me you were leaving tomorrow!? I was supposed to help you pack your clothes and everything in the world that you would need!" Jared said holding up a green shirt that I had just thrown carelessly into my suitcase and scrunching his nose at it.

"I'm sorry I totally forgot but your here now right?" I smiled waiting for a good sign considering Jared totally wore his poker face.

"Of course, duh! I mean it doesn't look like your getting much help from Lily over there, and you defiantly need my help no doubt about it," He said pulling more clothes out of my suitcase, "that's it lets go girls we are going shopping. Ryann you aren't giving me anything to work with here! You are going to be famous. You know how they are in those magazines." he said gesturing towards Lily who was still staring at something in shock, "They will find the clothes you wore and say what they cost, you don't want to look cheap now lets go! Both of you out!"

Lily got up and grabbed her purse as did I and we left the house. What would I do without Jared he knew practically everything there was to know about being famous and yet he was so sweet about saying my clothes were bad, but that's OK we still are best friends no matter what! We slipped into my Audi convertible and Jared requested that we put the hood down.

"Where to Captain?" I said smiling towards Jared. He had an evil glint in his eye, what was he up to?

"The mall." He said and all I heard was Lily gasp in the backseat.