The Thieves and Laughter

Nat's POV:
I sneeze again, my bed now decorated with white tissues as I sniffled. "Gods..." I mumble, and then get up to go and get ready to make my own soup. I start to the door, only for it to get shoved open. I make a small voice of protest, before falling backwards to the ground.

"Na-chan? Na-chan, where are you? Gajeel, you liar!" I hear a thwack and a small whimper, before Levy comes into view, Gajeel leading her to this room. "It was kinda difficult to get up here, was there a fight in there or something?" She mumbled, her brow furrowed as she looked around.

My room wasn't much, all that was in this room was a bed, a dresser and a window seat, where the rest of Magnolia overlooked. There was a bookshelf in the seat of the window seat, where I stored the books that Levy and Lucy gave me in the past few months. I grew to love the two girls, their imaginations and their skills, both magically and emotionally, always managing to smile in the toughest situations, it inspired me.

Levy was everything to me, and so I wouldn't let anyone hurt a hair on her head. Then again, I let someone hurt her, hurt her so badly that she couldn't move for weeks. Sure, that person apologized over and over to her and her team, but... It didn't change the fact that he had tortured her.

"Oi, Dirt girl where are you?" Gajeel cupped his hands over his mouth, and so Levy just rolled her eyes, closing the door to get a better view. I smiled sheepishly as I rubbed my head, a red blotch forming on my forehead. "Oh, there she is." Gajeel puffs his chest up proudly, but then dodged another book from the angered bluenette.

"The hell, you metal brain? She's on the ground, you said she was asleep!" She scolded, and helped me up as she glared at the man, who awkwardly scratched the back of his head.

"W-well there aren't any bars on it or anything so she could've just rolled off..." He mumbled, looking to the side embarrassed. As Levy sat me down on the bed and made a collection of the goopy tissues in the trash can, she kept scolding and pestering Gajeel about how you're supposed to take care of a sick kid, and how I could've died if I had too much dust in my nose and inhaling it into my nose, and et cetera.

I stifled a giggle, then started to titter with giggles, then laughing full on with the two stopping their argument to stare at me with bewilderment. I wipe the tears of laughter from my eyes, looking up at my two guildmates before smiling happily. The two arguing teenagers then turned to look down to me, and so I smiled a little more, clapping my hands together.

"I'm glad you two are friends."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Flashback: 6 Years Ago- Nat's POV:

I hastily sprinted to a burning house, cries being heard meekly as I kicked the door down, my skirt going aflame slightly as I winced, the leather of my boots heating up like a radiator. "Hello?! Is anyone there?!" I yell into the forest of fire and burning furniture, my frame trembling as I heard a boy start to wail. By the looks of it, he was trapped under a few boards.

I kicked the boards away from the body, scooping it up before trying to run as fast as I could, the toddler in my arms as he wailed. A woman ran to him, sobbing as she encased the trembling boy with a hug, shaking her head gratefully to me while praising me with words of thanks. I start to run to the buildings, hearing the wail meek and a couple of men who were holding a golden jeweled egg. I raised an eyebrow, suspicious and curious about how they grinned with a mischievous glint in their eyes, and how the huge egg looked out of piece in the man's arms.

"Nat!! Nat, get the-" Gray's voice wavered as another floor of a house collapsed under his feet, his scream of surprise and fury piercing the sky like a tree branch to a kite. "Argh!!" I heard the boy yell in pain, before a bundle of flaming boards came toppling down, a familiar crystal colored, cool ice coated the posts and wooden boards, his navy colored hair sticking out from the debris and smoke that wafted around the wreck.