Chapter 1

Brandon POV

"Brandon, I can't do this anymore."

"What do you mean, you can't do this anymore?" I questioned Chanté. She's hustling around my condo gathering all her belongings into a large, black trash bag.

She sighed and grabbed my face into her hands, "You're a great guy. But I've found someone else. Someone with time for me."

What can I do to keep her here?

"Chanté, I make plenty of time for you!" I tried pleading a case. "Didn't we just go to the movies last weekend?"

"You fell asleep in the middle of it. Plus at the end, you nearly got stampeded with fans and signed autographs for nearly thirty minutes!" She exhaled in frustration.

"Chanté, I can't just turn away from my fans."

"I understand that but it's your whole career. It's taken over your life and there is no more space for me in it. I know you love music and I can't compete with it any longer."

She was right. 100% right. Damn, how did I let this happen?

Chanté and I have been together for two and a half years. And I lost her.

"Well who is this other guy?" I at least want to know who my replacement is.

"Brandon, would knowing who he is make this break up easier?" She questioned.

Break up. Dang, she said it.

"I don't know, maybe," I replied.

Chanté paused her packing and took a good look at me for what seemed like ten years. "His name is Trey."

Hold up. She better not be talking about who I think she is.

"Trey Songz??" I asked out of shock.

"Well yeah. We've been chilling lowkey for the past couple months ever since we met at the "Loyal" video shoot and guess we fell in love."

Shit. She used the "L" word. You know females are serious when they say that shit.

I still wanted some answers. "So I take it you're moving into his house?"

She chuckled, "Yeah. I really hope we can stay friends though."

What the hell? Friends?? You're leaving me for a big-time celebrity and want me to be cordial with you?

"I guess." I'm weak for her.

After a few moments, she was done and after giving me her key, left.

Damn.

Dana POV

I walked into my one-room apartment, exhausted after work. I set down my purse on the coffee table and took a seat on the couch.

I threw the bundle of mail onto a stack on the floor, nearby. Nothing but bills and notices. I'll pay them when I can.

My phone started to ring.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey baby."

I released a sigh of relief, "Hey Mommy. How are you doing?'

I'm so glad it's not a bill collector or friend asking for money.

"I'm doing fine, Dana. How was work?" She questioned.

"Work was tiring Mom, but I can't complain too much. I have food on the table and a place to stay."

For now, at least.

"You sure baby? Do you need me to send you any money?"

Bless her heart.

"No, mommy I'm fine. You don't need to be giving me money anyway, you have better things it could go too." I replied, with care.

See, my mother has a bad back and is always getting in and out of hospitals for surgeries. Insurance only pays for so much and her bills have piled up almost as much as mine. Almost.

"Dana, you're my only baby. I just wanna make sure you are alright." She said, her tone dripping with sadness.

"I appreciate that mom, but now that I'm an adult, I should be taking care of you."

I honestly don't know what I would do without my mom. Even though we struggled when I was a kid with no father figure around or anything, she always found a way for us to make it.

She chuckled, "I love you, Dana."

"I love you so much more, mommy. I don't know if my WiFi will be working tomorrow but if it is, I'll call you."

Yes. I can only text or make calls with WiFi because my iPhone no longer has service. It's something though.

"Okay baby," she hung up.

I guess now is as great a time as ever to open up that mail and see how much money I need to scrap up by the end of the month.

--------

Well that's the first chapter. Just a little insight into the lives of the main characters.

Tell me what ya think? Maybe? Lol

Comment and vote, please (: