Ch. 10

Peter was grounded for a month. He had to do all the house cleaning, no going to Ned's house, Spider-Man could only be out from the end of school until 5PM, and he had a bedtime of 9:30PM. Harley had been grounded for keeping the secret as well, but he was only grounded for two weeks and had a curfew of 10:00PM. Theo seemed oblivious to what had happened, only aware that he didn't have to do chores for a month. He figured it was just an extra birthday present and moved on. The rest of the family had decided it was probably best he didn't know about Peter being Spider-Man. Theo wasn't too good with secrets and he was barely seven years old.

"I heard you got caught," Ned whispered during Spanish. Peter nodded. "Are you giving up Spider-Man?"

"Nope!" Peter said proudly. "They only grounded me for a month. I have to do all the house cleaning, I can't go to your house, and Spider-Man can only happen until 5PM. I also have a 9:30PM curfew."

"That's great!" Ned exclaimed. The teacher looked at him sternly and his face turned red. They were supposed to be quietly working on their projects. Ned lowered his voice. "I mean, it sucks, but at least you can still... you know."

"Yeah," Peter agreed. He was pretty happy with how it all turned out too.

* * *

Peter swung into the open lab window, stumbling across the floor but managing to not crash into anything. It was 4:58PM and he was home. His dad had told him to just come in through the lab window, promising to leave it open, and they could work on getting Peter's suit upgraded. Tony had gotten excited, though, and finished the suit before Peter was even at lunch. He had emailed the designs to Shuri who had created it using her own technology, designing the suit so Peter could take bullets and they would bounce off. She'd said something about kinetic and redistribution, but Tony had been too busy trying not to cry with how happy he was to really pay attention.

"I'm back!" Peter sang, pulling off his mask. He ran a hand through his hair and walked over to his dad's desk. A box was sitting there with his name on it. Tony pushed it to him and watched excitedly while Peter slowly opened it.

"Open it faster!" Tony exclaimed. Peter rolled his eyes and opened the box quicker. He stopped when he saw what was inside. "So? What do you think?" Tony asked excitedly. Peter just stared at it and Tony felt his hope of Peter liking the suit disappear. "I got excited and designed it myself, so I understand if you don't like it. You can recreate it if you want, but Wakanda has some pretty good resources for making super good suits, so you still have to send it there, I just thought maybe if I surprised you with it you would-"

"I love it!" Peter cried, throwing his arm arms around his dad. Tony smiled and hugged him back tightly. Peter pulled away quickly and stripped off his old suit. He pulled the new one on and laughed happily when the eyes lit up and he discovered Karen was inside.

"Hello, Peter," she said. Peter knew she had been upgraded, but he didn't care. This suit was the awesomest thing in the world!

"How did you even make this?" Peter asked. His mask dissolved and he squealed in delight. "That's so cool," he wheezed.

"Wakanda's electronics developer is the Princess and she was more than willing to help when I told her it was for Spider-Man," Tony told him. Of course, Peter then wanted to know all about the technology the country had and Tony had to promise to take him there one day.

"I want to personally thank the person who made this suit because it is so awesome!" Peter exclaimed. He looked at his dad shyly. "Can I-"

"I'm coming too!" Tony declared. He suited up and both of them flew out of the lab window. The whole time, Peter couldn't stop chattering about his awesome new suit. Tony didn't mind. As long as Peter was happy with his super safe suit, he would listen to his son's endless talking all day long. At least, until Pepper scolded them both (Tony more so than Peter) for staying out patrolling late.

The End