Chapter 9

2 months later
Today I'm 12 weeks pregnant. I can't believe it. It feels like just yesterday I found out. Now I have a lower risk of miscarriage. I have to tell Demi! I open my phone and text Demi.

Where r u?

I'm actually here in Lincoln for a concert!

Great! How far away from my house r u?

About a half hour

Great! Could you come over quickly?

Why? :/

Just for a kids' playdate!

Your lucky I brought Wilmer and Catalina with! I'll be there asap

Ok :D

I put my phone away and groan as Lauren wakes up and starts screaming. "S***." I walk into the twins' room and put Lauren in her highchair. Soon after Grace wakes up, and I put her in her highchair as well. I go into the pantry and grab 2 things of baby food and quickly feed both the twins, then put them in their playpen. I watch as Hunter comes out of our room, yawning. "Morning, babe." I say, kissing him. He chuckles. I start watching TV and pretty soon Demi knocks on the door. I stand up, opening the door. I look at Catalina and she reaches for me. I giggle and grab her. Demi hugs me and I bounce Catalina. "Did you really ask us over just for a playdate?" I shrug and set Catalina down, going into the bathroom and grabbing one of the pregnancy tests. I hold it behind my back. I slowly walk up to Demi. I almost lose it as I think about her reaction. "What are you hiding?" I take a few deep breaths, smiling, and show it to her. She puts her hand over her mouth and hugs me. I burst into tears and hug her back. She pulls away. "How far along are you?" "3 months." She smiles. "Congratulations! Don't tell me it's quintuplets now!" I shake my head. "Not unless 4 of them were hiding, which I doubt it! I'm so grateful it's only one, though, because I can already barely sleep with 2!" She chuckles. "Are you pregnant now, because that would be amazing!" She shakes her head. "Not yet." I giggle.

3 months later
Yet again, here we are. A gender reveal party. The twins learned to use the potty recently, and now we're focusing on talking. This time for the gender reveal party Hunter invited a few of his co-workers and his sister. After a little while we go to the front of the yard, we start talking. "So, everybody that was here for the twins, dont worry, there aren't any surprises. Just one this time." I hear a bunch of groans and I giggle. "Anyways, a bit of a backstory. So we were trying for 6 months before we conceived this child. I was ecstatic and so was Hunter when we found out. We don't care if this kid is gay, queer, transgender, or anything. We just want this kid to be healthy. If this kid or any of my kids come home from school crying because they were bullied for any reason, I am going to threaten that kid like no parent has before, hear me?" Everybody cheers. I look at the box and look at Hunter. "Countdown, please." After the countdown Hunter and I start opening the box. I burst into tears as blue balloons fly into the sky. I burst into tears and kiss Hunter. Everybody squeals as a pink balloon flies out. I turn around. "What the f***?!" Demi runs up to the front. "Their having twins again!" I fall down and bury my head in my hands. Once I catch my breath I stand up. "Just a disclaimer, I didn't know about this! I won't get any sleep for the next 17 years, I swear!"

1 month later
At my next appointment, Hunter came with me. When we get in, the doctor puts the gel on and scans it. I burst into tears. Hunter kneels down and cries with me. "I'm sorry, but you had a stillborn. Would you like a moment?" I quickly nod. I sit up and wrap my hands around Hunter's head. I shake my head. "This is all my fault, Hunter!" He shakes his head. "It's nobody's fault, babe! How could we have known?" I shake my head and pull him closer. "Can I go get the doctor now?" I nod and wipe the tears. The doctor walks in and sits down again. "Would you like a surgical removal or do you want to induce your labor?" I glance at Hunter. "Surgical removal." I reply. A few hours later we head home and I cry the whole way home. When we get home I rush inside, get on our bed, and throw the covers on me. I hear Hunter rushing after me and when he comes in the room I push him away. "We couldn't of known, babe!" I push him away again. "Just go away!" I yell and put my hands over my eyes, sobbing. I hear Hunter calling somebody. I don't care right now. I just want to rot in this bed. A little while later I hear a door opening and closing, then footsteps coming to our room. "Go away!" I yell. "Nic, it's Demi." I groan. "I don't care! Go away!" She sits on the bed. "I'm not going anywhere." I groan and turn her way. "What?" She sighs. "What's going on?" I burst into tears. "The twins are gone, the babies Hunter and I were trying for 6 months to get, gone." I hear her sobbing. "I'm so sorry, Nic."