Chapter Three

"Tyler... you're here. Um... hi... I didn't know you stayed over," I stuttered, averting my eyes.

"Oh... ah... yea, I stayed over," he said plainly.

"Um... d-didn't we... wasn't there a party... or was there supposed to be one–"

"You don't remember what happened last night?"

"N-no, I don't at all. Wh-what happened," I asked, trying not to focus on the bulge poking at the fabric of his towel.

Seeming to ponder what to say, Tyler blankly gawked at me.

"I... we did have a party, but... we left before anything wild happened," he chuckled.

"Ah man, I can't remember anything," I said slowly, rubbing my head.

Tyler grinned, making me grin in response, catching me off guard as he took a step closer.

"Do you have any clothes.... clean clothes I could wear?"

"Uh... yea of course," I swallowed.

"I'll go get some," I whispered, feeling my cheeks burn as I walked away.

Tyler |

He doesn't remember anything... good.

At least that's taken care of. No one else knows what happened last night after we left.

No one ever has to know.

But... I'll know.

I just need to act as normal as possible... normal Tyler.

...

Greyson |

Tyler and I walked side by side into the school, neither of us saying a word unlike every other usual day.

He seemed more out of it today, not greeting people as he usually does as we walked down the halls.

He was thinking about something.

Walking into our first class, I eyed Genevieve, the bibliophile of our group of friends.

As always, her curly hair was covering a portion of her supple face as she was deeply invested in a book, her brown eyes so full of wonder, scanning over each page quicker than a type writer.

Like most days, she was wearing a pastel colored cashmere sweater, modestly cropped near her belly button and a black leather skirt and belt that was complimented with black tights and black heeled boots.

She was sitting in our group of desks, which consisted of four.

Tyler sat beside her, and I sat in front of him, momentarily smiling at him before he averted his eyes to look at Genevieve with a smirk.

Neither of us were shocked at all from her being so enthralled with her book not to notice us; I would be lying if I said she knew we were there.