YinYang (a naruto fanfic)

Prologue

The woman jumped from tree-branch to tree branch, occasionally glancing down at the small turquoise bundle in her arms. Just several hours ago her and the rest of her family (her husband, sister-in-law, sister-in-laws unborn child, friend of the family  she considered a cousin, etc...) had been ambushed and slaughtered in the dead of night, when the darkness was at its deepest.

"Run Tsuki, run. Keep the baby safe, don't let these rogues touch her."  Her husband had told her, and run she did. Thinking only of the baby, she ran to their original destination: Konoha. When she got there, she carefully placed the baby into the arms of one of the guards. Saying goodbye in her broken heart and sending the guard a pleading look before picking up a rock approximately the same size as the baby. She swaddled it in her turquoise scarf and ran off again, mindful to make a path for the rogues to follow as far away as Konoha as possible.

When she was sure all the rogues were following her away from Konoha, she came to a stop in a nearby clearing. Exhausted, she used her last remaining chakra to perform a forbidden jutsu. 'Art of the Shinnigami' Her senses were immediately expanded to a 5 mile radius, and anything living within that radius was brutally slaughtered. After every last rogue was killed, she collapsed of fatigue, chakra loss, and fatal injuries. Dying minutes after passing out.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

As the Third Hokage sat down to take a break from all the work he had to do after the nine-tails incident, there was a knock.

"Enter" the Hokage sighed. A shinobi came in carrying an unusual looking infant swaddled in a turquoise piece of fabric. 

"Lord Hokage, this infant was left in the arms of one of the village gatekeepers by a strange woman who ran off immediately afterwords." the shinobi stated. Upon close inspection, the fabric appeared to have the infants name engraved on a shin sheet of silver shaped like a pearl shell: Mizune.The baby had brown hair that darkened to a bluish black on the ends with seemingly gold eyes, but on closer inspection, were actually a light brown that caught the light.

" Well, I guess we will just have to accept the infant and care for it, just as the mother wished." The Hokage stated with a gentle smile.

A/N: just some history, Mizune's family had been traveling to Konoha because they were trying to avoid conflict with a well known family who's son had taken a fancy to Mizunes aunt (the pregnant lady mentioned) who had already fallen for a man who died shortly after the son found out, but the aunt was already pregnant. They went to Konoha because the well known family had taken the aunts refusal to marry their son as an insult, and therefore went on the offensive threatening Mizunes family. Mizunes mom was trained as a shinobi, but moved to the village where she met Mizunes father to start anew, since all ties she had to her previous village had been obliterated when a certain event involving a can of yellow paint led to her loved ones being targeted by a very angry land shark.