chapter two

Zachary Adams had been a friend of the family ever since Scarlett could remember. He had moved to London two years ago, right after his 18th birthday. He had always loved producing music, working on perfecting it for years in his basement. That was until a record label called from England and said they'd love to hire him. Even though he was behind the scenes of making people famous, he loved his job. He felt like he would never grow tired of it.

Scarlett's nose was pressed up against his neck for a long time before he finally pulled away.

"I missed you." He wrapped his arm around her neck as they walked to baggage claim.

"I missed you too, Zach. I'm so happy for us. Who would've known that I would be following you to Europe?!"

As they walked, she pulled her cell out of her carry on bag. Pressing the power button down, she waited until it vibrated and then let go. Within a few seconds of starting up, there were already missing text messages.

'Can't wait for u to get here. x Zayn'

'3 hours until ur in my arms.'

'I can't stop thinking about u.'

Reading these messages made her blush once again. 'Landed safely. Be there soon xo', she responded quickly before tucking her cell into the back pocket of her dark wash jeans.

While she was checking for messages, Zachary had already found her two bags and brought them back to her. "Thank you!" Scarlett said, taking a bag and leaving him with the other. Being the gentleman he is, she knew he'd make her let him carry one. They walked out to his car where they loaded the bags into the back and quickly got in.

"How are we going to do this?" Scarlett wondered. One Direction was staying at a hotel in London. Almost everyone knew that they were there so these two were bound to get caught if the boys met them at the lobby door.

"Zayn has the plan. He said you knew." Zach pulled out of the airport lot and onto the main road. "Call him and ask."

Scarlett leaned forward, sliding her phone out of her pocket. She dialed Zayn's number and hoped he would pick up. They had a half an hour until this car rolled up to the hotel.

"Hey baby!" He answered and her heart instantly melted. It felt so good to hear his voice. "How was your flight?"

"It wasn't bad. Why didn't you tell Zach the plan?"

"I knew that you would have to call me and I'd get to talk to you. Anyways, there will probably be a swarm of people in the front. So you need to drive around the back and I've told the guards to let you guys in. Just be careful coming up, okay?" Scarlett could hear commotion in the background.

"Okay. What was that?"

"Nothing. Listen, I gotta go. But text me when you're here. Love ya!" He hung up. She stared at her phone for a few seconds before locking it and dropping it in her lap.

Zachary was informed the exact route to take and where to go. They spent the rest of the trip catching up on the past month that they haven't seen each other. Scarlett told him about his family and how they were doing in America. Zachary told her about his job and the boys.

"I wanna see how many people are out front." He pulled around to the front of the hotel. There was a path for guests to get in and out but the rest of the cement was covered with people. Chuckling, Zachary turned and made his way to the back of the hotel.

The gate was closed with guards standing in front of it. Scarlett rolled down her window, saying she was here for Zayn. They asked to see some I.D and she nodded. Of course they would need some. If someone heard Zayn was expecting a guest, anyone could try to get in. Once the bulky man looked it over, she put her passport back in her bag and they opened the gate for them. Then she shot Zayn a text saying that they had arrived.

Zachary's car crawled through the back of the hotel. Many people were shuffling around back there, either getting to work or bringing in food from the truck that comes daily. A personal valet stopped the car and opened the doors them, saying he would take their car. Another man dressed in the hotel attire walked out the large door and greeted them.

"Welcome! Please follow me." He directed them inside and through the back hallways of the hotel. The elevator moved quickly to the floor that the boys were staying on. "Enjoy your time here." The man said, getting back on the elevator.

"What suite are they in?" Scarlett asked. On the upper floors of the hotel, they had larger "rooms". There were two bedrooms instead of one, along with a common area and a bigger kitchen. This was for large parties, or international popstars.

"14." They followed the numbers until they reached fourteen. The door was propped open a bit so she pushed the door and stepped in.

"Welcome home, Scarlett!"