An apple named Appricot

© 2012 All Rights Reserved

This is just something I thought of when kids tend to be disobedient to their parents.

Appricot the youngest, greenest apple on the tree wanted to be different and all the other apples adored that.  But one day she got the thirst for adventure.  “Mom, can I leave the tree for a couple of hours?”  She asked her mom.

“No Appricot, it is too dangerous.”  Said mom.

“But Ashtonn gets to leave and he’s not that bigger than me!” Appricot pleaded.

“Appricot, we are safe on the tree from predators and from the village.”  Said mom, “do not leave the tree.”

Appricot was still curious and pulled herself off the tree, where she hopped away in search of adventure.  Appricot hopped, and hopped, and hopped until she saw something, from what she learned from her dad is a horse.  Horses are apples’ enemy.   She tried turning around until a it spoke to her.

 “Where are you going little green apple.”  Asked the horse. 

Appricot tried to act brave, “I’m going for a walk.” She said.

“Where is your tree?”  Asked the horse.

Appricot did the only thing she could think of.  “It’s right above you.”  Appricot lied.  The horse looked up and saw an old oak tree.  The horse looked down to Appricot but she was gone, hopping she way down the riverbank.

Hop Hop Hop She went

Clop Clop Clop

The horse went after her, he wasn’t going to let his snack get away.  She hoped until the she heard the horse owner yelled, “whoa there boy!”  She turned around and saw the horse stopped on his tracks.  Appricot started hopping again and fell right into a stream.  The water was cold, and as the current pushed her she bumped into rocks and wanted to go home.

Finally she came to the side of the stream, and was very tired.  Appricot did not know which way to go so she hopped north.  She seemed to be going the wrong way because she arrived at the village.  Appricot tried to hop away, but got kicked all around the town by villagers.  A little boy was walking and kicked her across the street where she rolled at the baker’s shop.  She was too tired to hop or even roll!

The baker’s door opened and out came the baker.  “Ah! Another apple for my apple pie.”  He picked up Appricot and entered the bakery, where all the other adventurous apples were never heard from again.