TWENTY-TWO

TWENTY-TWO 

The last time I got a detention with Mr. Harris I almost died from an Alpha attack. As I sit here next to Stiles, watching the clock, I pray to god that I don't get killed after his detention. 

There's been no talking, no kissing, just me, Stiles, and Mr. Harris in silences in detention. I can't believe I'm saying this, I'd rather be in the library putting up books. 

The clock ticks on the wall, Stiles' hands was resting on his head, waiting for that last minute to go by. Meanwhile, I was ready to go. When the clock hit the hour, Stiles and I quickly jumped up, grabbing our bags. 

We're free!

"Sit." Mr. Harris snapped. 

"What? But it's been an hour." Stiles protested. 

"My detention's are an hour an a half." My eyes widen, what! He can't do that! 

"You can't do that." I whine. I'm supposed to be sneaking into a funeral right about now. 

"Oh... but I can. You see, Stacey, Stiles, since your father and your mother was so judicious with their dealings with me, I've decided to make you two my personal project for the rest of this semester." No. "You two are going to benefit from all the best strict discipline has to offer. Now, sit down before I decide to keep you here all night." 

I hate him. 

Stiles and I had driven to wear the funeral was, and we crouch down behind a statue next to my brother. 

I was at the old guy looks down at Allison who was sitting on a chair a few seats away from her mother. There was a crowd, who had cameras, wow. Chris was standing. 

"Who's the old guy?" I mutter to Scott. I can't be a werewolf if I can't hear them. So, what the hell am I? Chris then looks over at us, my eyes widen and we hide behind the statue more. 

"He's definitely an Argent." Scott told us. The old guy then sits down next to Allison, and Chris sits next to his wife. Allison looked over at us and Scott waved. She kind of smiled back. 

"Hey, you know, maybe they're just here for the funeral." Stiles tried to reassure Scott. "I mean... hat if they're none hunting side of the family? There could be nonhunting Argents. That's possible, right?" 

"I know what they are." Scott nodded. "They're reinforcements." 

My heart jumped when I saw Scott and Stiles being picked up by the shoulders, and I jumped up beside them. There was Mr. Stilinski, aka Sheriff Stilinski. 

"Ah. The three of you. Unbelievable." Sheriff seethed at us. "Pick up my tie." 

"Got it. Sorry," Stiles mumbled as he bends down and picks it up. "I know, I'm supposed to ask." We then get dragged into his car. Great. Perfect. 

"4-1-5 Adam." Scott, Stiles, and I sit in the back seat of the Sheriff's car. My eyes widen. What did those numbers mean again? 

"Did you say 4-1-5 Adam?" Sheriff asked. 

Stiles looked between us and whispered, "Disturbance in a car." 

"They were taking a heart attack victim- DO.A. But on the way to a hospital, somethin' hit 'em." 

"Well... hit the ambulance?" The Sheriff asked. 

"Copy that. I'm standing in front of it right now. Something got in the back. There's blood everywhere." My eyes widen, oh no. That's gross. "And I mean everywhere."

"All right, unit 4, what's your 20?"

Stiles nudged me, and I noticed that Scott was already out of the door, and I nodded my head understanding the situation. I bite my lip, looking at the Sheriff quickly, before sliding out of the seat, Stiles grabbed my hand. 

We all looked at each other, before running off. 

✢ 

Scott, me and Stiles creep around the woods late at night. We stayed low, in the distance they can see the ambulance, blood was everywhere, like the guy said, and the lights from the police car shine.

Then we quickly go to the bank that covered most of them up, but they can still see the scene. I was still holding onto Stiles' hand, my heart pounding nervously. 

"What the hell was Lydia doing?" Stiles asked in wonder, as he watches the ambulance.

"I don't know." Scott replied. 

The patient was dead in the ambulance, slashed with red bright blood everywhere, two cops investigating on it. That must've hurt. 

"What kept you from doing that, Allison?" I whispered.

"I hope so." Scott whispered also.  

"Do you need to get closer?" Stiles asked. I bite my lower lip. 

Scott waited for a bit, trying to catch Lydia's scent. "No, I got it." Scott nodded. 

As soon as Scott tried to leave, Stiles grabbed Scott by the shoulder.

"Just... I just need you to find her." Stiles requested. "All right? Please, just... just find her." So much emotion was in Stiles' voice. And, here comes the jealousy. 

"I will." Scott softly promised. Scott soon then took off. 

 "I'm having a really hard time believing that you love me." I mutter, and Stiles looked over at me. 

"What?" Stiles asked. 

"Nothing." I quickly shake it off. Stiles turned to me, using his hands on my shoulders. 

"Stacey, I love you." Stiles firmly said.

"Why does it sound like your in love with Lydia then?" I whisper harshly. 

"I do love Lydia, just not that way anymore. You've always been the girl I love, you always will be. Don't forget that, please." Stiles softly said. I swallowed thickly, oh. 

"I'm sorry, I overreacted," I mutter, looking down, he then lifted my head back up and made me stare into his eyes. His beautiful eyes. 

"I love you, Stacey," Stiles mumbled. I sighed, I loved him saying that to me. He then quickly pressed his lips against mine, and I sighed happily. 

✢ 

Stiles and I walked into the crime sense. We had found Stiles' dad. We had lied to Stiles' dad to where Scott had gone, I said he went home, and that he was tired. 

"All right, well-"

That's when something- someone caught my eyes, my eyes wander over to the bushes, and there stood Lydia Martin herself. Her hair was crazy, wild, with twigs and leaves in her hair. 

She covered her breasts with her arms, shivering.

"L-Lydia?" I called out shakily, Sheriff Stilinski and Stiles shift their eyes over to the naked girl, Stiles' eyes widen in shock, his mouth dropping. Lydia hadn't quite heard her the first time, "Lydia?" I called again, still not getting the girl's attention. "Lydia!" I finally yelled, and Lydia shifted her green eyes over to mine. 

"Well..." Lydia gulped. "Is anyone gonna get me a coat?"

Stiles tried taking off Sheriff's coat, but he ended up collapsing on the ground in shock. The sheriff took off his coat and walked over there, wrapping it around the poor girl. Oh man.