Chapter One

Diane's P. O. V

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Is the first thing I hear in the morning. My eyes snap open, and I see a couple of pack members, best friends, and family members in my room. I let out a feral growl and say, " If you want to live, get out of my room in twenty seconds." Since I am the pack warrior, they take my advice to heart and run out of my room. I grin and stretch. I blow the hair out of my face. So now I'm sixteen. I don't feel any different. Oh well, whatever. I throw my covers away from me and I stand up, nearly slipping on a tequila bottle. I cuss under my breath as I make my way to the bathroom. I turn on the shower and step into the stream of hot water. My muscles relax as the hot water soothes away the knots and stress. I turn off the shower and step out. I grab a beige crop top and black skinny jeans. I brush out my hair and braid it into a side fishtail. I put on a bit of pink lipstick and bronze eyeshadow. I slip on black Converses and I open the door. I walk downstairs where everyone bombards me with kisses, hugs, and " Happy Birthday!". I accept each one happily. I hug everyone and say " Thanks so much for putting up with me. Love you all!" With that, I leave home to go to Forest Wolf High School. It's a school for werewolves. I strut inside. Everybody knows not to mess with me, but some sluts and bitches just don't listen. As I walk to my locker, I hear a nasal voice say " Where did you get your clothes at? Dumpster' R' Us?" I turn and see Petunia, a slut of the Moon Hunter pack, or my pack in a couple of years. My eyes flash silver. I reply, " You still with Porky Pig? Oh, right, he left you for someone who wasn't a walking skeleton." Her eyes widen and She tries to swing at me. This time my eyes stay silver. I grab her wrist and ankle and throw her across the hallway without blinking an eyelid. She hits the lockers with a bang. She piles into a heap of bony limbs and clothes on the floor. Everyone stares at me, fear in their eyes. " What?! She's not dead- she's passed out." I yell. I head to class. When I walk inside, everyone falls silent. I make my way to the back and pull out my iPhone. I pop in my earbuds, and put on a bit of Lorde, and close my eyes. Then I hear the teacher screaming, " DIANA OAKES! GET UP BEFORE I GIVE YOU DETENTION!" I yawn and say, " Shut the hell up." Her face turns purple and she screeches " PRINCIPAL'S OFICE NOW!" I take out my earbuds, shove everything in my bag, and sling it on my shoulder. I walk to the office, knowing he'll just send me back with a "Good Job!" and a big laugh.