Chapter 7 // Sleepover

“Reminder that there will be a yearbook meeting after school today.” Our student council president announced through the loud speakers. I pushed my books I needed in my book bag then slammed my locker shut. I walked into homeroom, to be called by Violet. “Hey Dani! Come over here!” I walked over to her desk. “What’s up?”

“I can’t go to yearbook again. I have Ashton’s game.” She replied.

“Oh alright.” I sighed. The bell rang, letting us leave. I walked to Miss Ambrose’s classroom, on the way I felt someone bump into me, making me fall back. Before my butt can hit the floor, I felt the person’s hands grab my waist to prevent me from falling. “I’m sorry for bumping into you.” I said, looking up.

“Aw look at little Gray apologizing to me.” Luke smirked.

“I shouldn’t even apologize to you.” 

“What’s that supposed to mean?”

You bumped into me.” I stated, causing Luke to smirk. “Why are you smirking?”

“You didn’t notice my hands are around your waist. You’re doing nothing about it.” He continued to smirk. I rolled my eyes. “Thanks for preventing me from falling, but please get your hands off of me.”

“Come on, Gray. You know you enjoy this.” Luke said, while pulling me closer to him.

“Luke let’s be serious. The only one who enjoys this is you. So you better calm down your ‘Little Luke’ down there.” I smirked. He immediately let go of me and looked down at his pants. “Made ya look.” I giggled, causing him to scowl at me. I turned away, walking into Miss Ambrose’s classroom. “Hi Miss A.” I greeted her.

“Hello, Daniela.” She replied. I walked to my computer then logged in.

“Sup Miss Ambrosey.” Luke said, loudly.

“Lucas Hemmings! There will be no yelling in my classroom. Also, it’s Miss Ambrose.” Miss A said with a stern voice. Luke chuckled at her reaction then sat in the seat next to me.

Luke and I worked in silence for the whole time. “Alright guys, time is up. Make sure you save your work and shut down computers. I did what I was told then got my book bag off the floor. I started to walk to the door when Luke started calling me. “Hey Gray, wait up!” I was about to escape from Luke but he caught up to me in the hallway. He grabbed my hand and pulled me towards him. “Luke what are you doing?” I asked him. He didn’t answer me. He only put his arm around my shoulders. I swatted his arm away but he didn’t move. I continued to walk towards the parking lot, since Violet has to drive me home. “So do you need a ride?” He asked. Luke Hemmings was asking me if I needed a ride? What? “Luke, are you high or something?” I looked up at him. “Why would I be?” Luke chuckled. His tongue started fumbling with his lip ring. “All of a sudden you’re acting nice to me.”

“Can’t I be nice to my neighbor?” He smiled. He was hiding something.
“What are you hiding?” I asked. I stopped walking and so did he. He sighed deeply. He looked down at my hand then back at me. He grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers. “Let’s do something together. Let’s go on an adventure. Let’s just hang out. Just you and me.” Luke raised our hands to his mouth. He kissed my hand then whispered, “Please.” This can’t be real. “Luke I-“

“Dani?” I heard Violet’s voice. I turned my head and saw Violet and Ashton in her car. I turned back to Luke. “I have to go.” I whispered. I started to walk away but he didn’t let go of my hand. “I’ll call you?” He said, making it sound more like a question. I nodded my head quickly, and then got in the backseat of Vi’s car. They didn’t say anything about Luke until we were out of the school parking lot. “What the hell was that?” Violet asked. I shrugged. “I don’t even know myself.”

“You don’t know why Luke was holding your hand?” Ashton asked.

“What was he saying?” Violet added.

“Well first he asked me if I needed a ride. Then he started to say how we should hang out together, go on an adventure just the two of us.” I said. “It was out of the blue too. What should I do?”

“Go.”

“Don’t go.” Violet and Ashton said at the same time. They were never one of those couples that agree on everything. “She should go because they are cute together and plus she hasn’t gone out with anyone since, you know who..” Violet argued.

“Vi, you can say his name. I’m over it.” I replied, rolling my eyes.

“What if it’s a trick? Maybe he just wants to get in her pants and then leave her. He probably wants to have a contest to see how many people he could bang.” Ashton argued. “I’m looking out for you Dani. You know you’re like my little sister.” I nodded.

“Hey how about we have a sleepover?” Ashton suggested.

“Whose house?” Violet asked.

“I’ll ask my mom about my house. I just went grocery shopping. Plus my room is big.” Maybe a sleepover with my best friends would clear my mind.

“Then Dani can tell us her decision about Luke.”

I spoke to soon.

~

I ran downstairs to answer the door. The doorbell rang again. “Coming!!” I yelled. I opened the door to reveal Violet with her backpack. “Where’s the food at?” She smiled, causing me to laugh. “Let’s go put your stuff upstairs first and wait for Ashton.” I said. She followed me upstairs. She dropped her bag on the floor then jumped on my bed. “I always loved your bed.”

“I know.” I chuckled.

“Listen, Dani. I’m sorry I brought up Mason. I didn’t mean to.” Violet whispered.

“It’s fine, Vi. You were right. I haven’t had a relationship since Mason.”

“I know what he did was scaring, but maybe you should give Luke a chance. Maybe Luke isn’t the same as Mason.”

“But what if he is Violet? What if he does the exact same thing that Mason did. Mason humiliated me. He hurt me.” I mumbled. Violet looked down at her hands on her lap. She clearly wasn’t sure about what to say next. She opened her mouth but before anything could come out, the doorbell rang. “I got it!” I yelled. I ran down the stairs, almost tripping may I add.

“Hey Ash!” I said, opening the door. He greeted me with a hug. We walked upstairs to my room. He did the exact same thing as Violet. He dropped his bag on the floor then jumped on my bed. “Sup Vi.” He said. “Hey babe.” She replied, leaning in to kiss him. I coughed to notify them I was still here. “Sorry.” They both mumbled, pulling away from each other.

The rest of the night we watched movies downstairs in the living room. “Dani, I’m tired.” Violet yawned, making Ashton yawn too. I turned off the TV and followed Ashton and Violet upstairs. I set up an air mattress beside my bed to make it longer. Ashton and Violet laid on the air mattress together. I laid on my bed. I was about to go to sleep when I felt my phone vibrate; notifying me I had a text message.

From: Hemmings

Come outside.

~*~

This chapter sucked omg. I’m sorry. Anyway, these are just like fillers. The story hasn’t even started yet. Trust me