Chapter 5

--Miras POV--
Erza and I have been running through the forest for hours following the trail of defeated monsters. (447/1000)
Suddenly I heard a crash of water.
"What could that have been?" Erza asked beside me.
"Couldn't have been Lucy... Wait! Aquarius!" I realized.
Then, "LUCY!" I heard someone call in the distance.
"Oh no" I thought aloud.
"Let's go" Erza said running in the direction of the voice.
When we found the source of the sound, we stopped dead in our tracks.
At the edge of a river Lucy was laying in a pool of blood with her head resting on Aquarius's lap.
"What happened?" I called running up to Lucy's side.
"She's got barely any magic power. My last attack was too slow and a monster slashed her" Aquarius explained, tears streaming down her face. I never realized she cared that much about Lucy.
I turned to Erza to see that she hadn't moved since we reached the river. "Erza" I called snapping her out of whatever thoughts she was having.
"Huh? Oh sorry. What do we do. There's still about 533 monsters." Erza asked with tears forming in her eyes.
"We get help from the townsfolk, then you and I come back and finish the job." I suggested.
"I can hold my own gate open and watch over her." Aquarius said, her crying redused to sniffles.
"Do you think you can carry her to town?" I asked
"Yea. I'll be fine. Please finish this for her" she said.
"We will. I promise" Erza said giving her a reassuring smile.
"Thank you" Aquarius said as she picked up Lucy and carried her back the way we came.
"Let's go Erza. We need to finish this." I said. She nodded standing up, equipping her sword. "Let's do this" she said as we ran farther into the woods.

--Aquarius POV--
I picked up Lucy making sure to rest her head on my shoulder. She looks so pale. Why didn't I noticed her lack of energy sooner. I scolded myself. I pushed the thoughts out of my head as I made my way out of the forest.
I got to the edge of the forest and saw the town. "Help!" I called.
A few houses lit up as I made my way into town. A few people stepped outside when I called for help again. "what happened" a woman with short brown hair asked running up to us. "we were fighting monsters in the forest when she was barely injured" I explained fighting back tears. "please. I need to find a doctor." I added.
"Of course, this way" she said running ahead of me.
After a few minutes of running, we made it to what looked like a hospital. The woman directed me to the emergency entrance. "what can I do to repay you" I asked
"Come find me when she's better" she said motioning to Lucy in my arms. 'why does she seem familiar' I thought. "now hurry" the woman said, pulling me out of my thoughts.
"Of course. Thank you" I said running inside.

--Time Skip--
We left the forest around 1 a. m. and it was now 5. 'what's taking then so long' I thought, tears threatening to fall for the 8th time. A little girl has been starting at me from across the hall for almost an hour now. "hey mermaid lady" she finally said pulling me from my thoughts.
"..."
"Mermaid lady? Are you okay?" The little girl asked.
"Huh? Oh. Hey little girl." I said.
"Why are you so sad. I thought mermaids were happy creatures." The little girl said.
"I'm fine.." I lied. "my friend was hurt. I'm worried about her" I explained.
"What's your name?" I asked
"Adrianna. And your friend, she'll be okay." She said.
"How do you know" I asked confused.
"Cause your a celestial spirit. You would be in pain if she weren't okay. " The little girl said.
I was shocked. how could a little girl like her know about spirits. I looked down to ask but she was gone.
'what just happened' I thought as a doctor came down the hall. "Miss Aquarius?" He asked.
"Yes that's me." I replied standing.
"I'm doctor Stephen. Your friend Lucy will be okay. She's not awake yet, but she's stable. You will be allowed to see her in an hour once. She is in room 208." He said.
"Thank you so much." I said relief washing over me.
"Your welcome. Have a good rest of your night." He said walking away.
I made my way towards the room he said she was in and sat in the chair next to the door.
I pulled out the communication lacrima Mira gave me and called her.

--Erza's POV--
Mira and I have been fighting the rest of the monsters for the past 6 hours. We we're up to 984 dead when Mira's lacrima started glowing. "it must be Aquarius" Mira said as she pulled out the lacrima.
"Hey Aquarius" I said pulling my sword out of my recent kill. "She just got out if surgery. I'll be able to go in in an hour" she explained. "that's great" Mira said excitedly.
"We only have about 20 monsters left then we'll be done." I told her.
"Great job. Thank you. We're at the Wass hospital in the center of town. Room 208. When your done you can come over."
"Thank you for keeping us updated." Mira said. "we should finish up before morning" she added.
"See you soon" Aquarius said as she disappeared from the lacrima.
"I'm glad shes okay." I said relieved.
"Me too" Mira said as a few monsters surprise attacked us.
Luckily I pushed Mira out of the way in time.

--Miras POV--
Erza shoved me to the ground as a monster lept from behind a tree and knocked her to the ground.
"Erza!" I yelled as she fell.
"I'm alright" she yelled as she threw the monster off herself and stabbed it. A few more ran out and I transformed into my Satan's soul. "evil spark" I yelled aiming to take out the whole group. My attack landed in the middle sending them all flying I into trees. (999/1000)
"One more.." Erza said.
"I wonder where it's hiding." I wondered aloud. 'why is there only one left. Why would it attack solo?'
The ground rumbling pulled me back to the situation at hand.
A very large monster came crashing towards us, knocking down everything in it's path.
"How did Lucy expect to beat this alone" Erza asked staring at the large creatures before us.
"I don't know, but it's gonna take a lot for us to beat it." I said.
"Let's get this over with" Erza said requipping into her heavens wheel armor and running up to attack.
I summoned my wings and flew up into the air.
"Heavens wheel, pentagram sword" Erza yelled slashing the beast.
At the same time I attacked the beast. "Soul.. EXTINCTION" I yelled, sending a ball of energy towards the beast.
It stumbled, but didn't appear too damaged.
"Crap. This is gonna take a while." Erza said.
"Don't lose hope. We can do this" I encouraged.

--3rd person POV--
After an hour of Erza and Mira relentlessly attacking the beast, it finally fell. Both mages were on the ground catching their breath. Erza had cuts on both her arms and face and Mira had a large gash on her abdomen. Mira had been flying most of the time, so her other injuries were on her legs, making it hard for her to walk. "were finally done" Erza sighed.
"Let's go to town and see Lucy" Mira said standing up slowly.
"Good idea. Let's also call Aquarius and tell her we're on our way." Erza suggested. Mira pulled out the lacrima and called Aquarius. She explained what happened and told her they were on their way.

--Aquarius POV--
It has been almost an hour and a nurse came out of Lucy's room. "You must be Miss Aquarius." She said closing the door. "yes ma'am that's me" I said standing up. "you can go in now. We wanted to make sure she maintained stability before allowing visitors. She appears to be doing fine. She may even wake up soon." She said. "thank you for everything" I said grabbing the handle.
I slowly opened the door to see Lucy laying still on the bed. She was hooked up to several lacrima that monitored heart rhythm and other stuff. She looks much better. She's covered in bandages though.
My communication lacrima started glowing. I picked it to to see Mira and Erza in front of a very large monster. They told me they finished and that they were on their way. Once I turned the lacrima off I drifted to sleep.

*Nightmare*
I was summoned from a river next to a group of 15 or so monsters. I looked over and saw Lucy out if breath and ready to pass out. I quickly sent a wave of water at the group of monsters, when one ran up to Lucy and slashed her stomach. She fell to the ground and I rushed to her side. She looked up at me and I felt tears streaming down my face. "I trusted you to help me. Now I'm gonna die" she said with a tear rolling down her cheek. "no. Your not gonna die. You're going to be fine." I cried. Her eyes started to close and hey breath slowed down. After a few seconds her breathing stopped completely.
"Lucy...?"
"Lucy..??"
"LUCY?"
___________________________________
End of Chapter 5

Hope you enjoyed!