Chapter 16 - Snake-like Thing With Teeth

I had been exploring S.T.A.R labs, trying to figure out where everything was when I strolled into a busy Speed Lab. This was the room where they trained and tested speedsters and other meta-humans.

"Hey, guys you want to see something really cool?" Ralph asked from the entrance to the track. Harry, Cisco, Barry were all gathered around a screen and looked up to see what Ralph was doing.

Ralph said something to himself and stretched his entire upper half around the track.

"That is pretty cool," Cisco admitted.

"Mm-hmm" Harry agreed and went back to staring at the screen. What were they working on?

"Oh, hey Willow," Barry greeted noticing my arrival. Cisco looked up and gave a slight smile then looked down again.

I figured they weren't doing anything important or worth staying for so I turned around taking a glance at Ralph.

"Okay, look, are you sure we can't find this DeVoe guy?" I heard from the hallway and I stopped in my tracks. Did he say, DeVoe?

I turned my head and listened to their conversation, "I mean, we were warned. We had a heads up that someday, someone named DeVoe would be one of my greatest foes," Barry said and I exhaled. They weren't talking about Clifford DeVoe, the humble professor that couldn't move his legs and was in a wheelchair. I couldn't even imagine him being one of the Flash's greatest foes, that would be utterly ridiculous.

I kept walking trying to find this Secret Room Iris had told me about.  It was along a wall outside the Cortex, and you had to press your hand against a certain point in order for it to open. She told me not to go in there but I had nothing else to do at the moment, so I was going to find it.

While placing my hand randomly across the wall not paying attention to my surroundings, I collided into someone and fell down.

"Oh! I'm so sorry!" She apologized and lent a hand to help me up.

"It's no biggie. I should've been watching where I was walking," I pointed out.

She was wearing a pinkish-red sleeveless dress that matched her lips. The blonde's hair was pulled into a ponytail which boldened her glasses. "Hi, I'm Felicity," she greeted.

"Willow," I returned.

"Are you new here?" She asked. "I mean, like are you a new member to Team Flash? You're not a Villian stalking the halls or anything, right?" She added akwardly.

"No, no. Not me. I guess I'm new here," I smiled and pointed at the balloons, "You're here for the bachelorette party?"

"Yep, I came all the way from Star City," She informed.

"You work with The Arrow right?" I recalled.

"I sure do, Iris mentioned it?" The blonde asked.

"Yep, don't worry. I won't tell anyone." I promised.

"If Iris trusts you, I bet we can too," She smiled. "But Oliver is probably going to want to meet you sooner or later."

"Based on the current course of my new life, I'm sure it will happen eventually," I remarked.

"It's the life we all live," she added. "Speaking of 'all', where is everyone?"

"Most of them are in the speed lab," I answered. She gave me a puzzled expression and I corrected, "It's Downstairs,"

She thanked me and headed down the hall.

Now, I had to get ready for tonight, I heard we were going to an expensive restaurant.