1: The Party

It was a 20 minute walk from where they found her to the house she was invited to. She didnt know what she was supposed to be expecting, she had never been to a proper house party before. Only to family gathering where she knew basically everyone, not where she stood now, knowing no one apart from the 3 boys she met 20 minutes previously and had exchanged brief conversation with. She kept walking, straight through into this new environment. in the first minute, she felt a creeping feeling of regret but by the end of the night she was addicted. Addicted to the people, the music, the atmosphere. So she kept going back, party or not, she met those few people of various backgrounds, a few times a week, in the hours of the dark.

The plan seems perfect, hanging around with a bunch of people who had not asked her name, knew nothing about her, couldnt judge her, and helped her forget the pain, for even a little while. They called her Kitten, notoriously named after her cat-like sneeze. But never had that nickname sound so suited til he said it, that boy, who after 2 months of socialising with these humans, had decided to turn up to a party..

*She walked into the kitchen to retrieve another drink having finished the last. She strolled over to the breakfast bar and had poured herself a drink before he walked in.
"ahh here she is" said the first boy (the original, as he was promptly named as it was his house they normally gathered at).
"Here i am - she smiled and waved sarcastically- now why are you looking for me?" she replied, then she saw him, sitting on the sofa on the other side of the doorway in the living room.
"I want to introduce you to someone..." stated the Original. She prayed that her introduction was to him, she tried her hardest not to look at him. Her prayers had been answered, as he turned round and led her straight to him.
"i found her - he pulled her over so she almost fell over the boy's knees, but she saved herself, with his help, a simple arm out to balance herself, was all she needed, she nodded her head in thanks and stood upright- PureBlood this is Kitten... and vice versa."
She questioned the nickname but before she could, he did the same. 
"Kitten eh? now i can't believe you was named that because of your unprecedented looks, because that would be demeaning... so what the reason?" She smiled, 
"Well that young sir, i believe you'll have to find out in due time. And i was going to ask you the same thing, but i'm guessing because i told you to wait you're gunna make me do the same thing."
"Sure thing buttercup, ill show you one day but only if i think you can handle it." He gave a cheeky smile and then looked to his friend, "i can see why you said i needed to meet her, i think were going to get along just fine.."
"oh is that so?" She interrupted. "And what if i disagree with such a statement?" She questionly raised her eyebrow. 
"Then iv got a challenge by ways of convincing you that my statement is indeed fortuitously correct." He grabbed her hand, only briefly. She laughed at his clearly forced use of elegant language, and he stood up and told her to help him pick a drink for the night.
Now would be about the time i state that this was when her story began, with a cute boy and teenage dreams, but that would be a happy ending surely. She would never have a happy ending. This was certainly going to be the start of a big adventure for Monica, just perhaps not in the most pleasant of approaches.