Of a Child

The oblivion of a child is quite a brutal but beautiful thing. The way they think everything is perfect, other than the frequent cut or drama from their friends. But it is not just because the child is ignorant. That could play a huge part in it, yes, but it is also the role of the adults and other children in their life. 

   So, say you took the Carries, the last house on East Warren Street. From the outside, you'd see the large two story house with a nice porch and rocky accents. The shutters are a vibrant blue, the house a chalky white. The front door was a blue, with a wreath of flowers resting just on the top. 

   The front walk to the door was a pathway of neatly placed rocks that were flattened at the top, and flowers blossomed all around. Quite beautiful, in fact, compared to the houses all around it. Trees aligned the yard, offering shade to almost every inch of the yard. 

   The yard was big, compared to the two people who lived in the house. But, everyone knew they weren't just bragging about their money. All of the neighbors knew that the Carrie couple had intentions of a big family, for when they first moved, the woman had a slightly growing bump of a stomach, which now looked ready to burst. 

   Oh, there is Mrs. Carrie there! 

   See her? Slightly red hair, mostly brown, curly in ringlets? Slender face with wide brown eyes? Maybe, just maybe if you had sharp eyes, you could see the small freckles dotting her nose. 

   She's wearing a yellow sundress, which stretched over her baby bump, and carrying a... briefcase?

   Ah yes, I think I should tell you why she's stomping over to that Dodge Charger. You see, everything may seem perfect from the yard, the neatly kept trees, bushes, and flowers. The house may seem like it's perfect, with freshly coated blue shutters, a nice, fresh, wreath on the door. You may think it's perfect because Mrs. Carrie is having a baby soon, and wearing happy colors such as yellow, with her hair kept and her face clear and bright. 

   Well, it may seem so, but, much like a child's ignorance to troubles going on in their environment, the Carrie Couple is tricking us by trying to act like everything is perfect around them. But, if you were to go behind closed doors, you would see a raised hand, a silent punishment, a bad way of releasing anger, and a woman who just takes it. 

   But, as you seem now, with that sharp grey Charger racing away, she isn't taking it anymore. In fact, now you can see what Mr. Carrie looks like!

   That man, standing there and leaning against the white pillar on the porch, with unkempt blonde hair flying in a mess, half of his button down shirt was hanging out, and black trousers. A bottle in his hand, and if you have sharp eyes, you can see the bloodshot drowsiness in his eyes, that his pupils were as small as the top of a needle.

  Now, as we fast-forward the scene a bit, I'll tell you a story to help past time. 

   Once upon a time, in a high school called Arrowhead High School, home to the Red Skins, two people met in such an awkward way, they never truly told anyone the honest way they met.

   These two people met when the girl was rushing to throw up in a bathroom when a boy walked out of the girls bathroom, straight into the almost-sick girl. 

   Yes, you automatically get the wrong vibe, right? Well, I won't tell you that you're wrong. In fact, right after the boy walked out a girl. 

   You're assuming the worst, am I correct?

   Well, this almost-sick girl did and the thought actually did make her throw up all of the boy. And that's how the two people met.

   In fact, after being thrown up on, they never talked again. Until they ran into each other again. Might I add that the "accident" happened in their Freshmen year, and they didn't see each other till their Senior year. 

   When they ran into each other, the boy pulled out the whole, "Hey, didn't you throw up on me about four years ago? What was that all about?". The girl pulled out the card about how he "Shouldn't be blocking the entrance to the girl's bathroom when a girl needed to throw up."

   And instantly, they both smiled. 

   Ah! Here we are! Let me just stop here and.... voila! 

   As you can see, the sky is a dark stormy color, yes? Well, those screams you hear are coming from around the corner, up about three stories in a white room with doctors all around. 

   Yes, that is a hospital. 

   Why is it so small?

   Because this is a small town, and small town's do not have huge hospitals. 

   Now, where was I? Oh yes! Well, Mrs. Carrie is in that room, with a baby on the way. If you can tell, it isn't exactly going smooth when I mentioned a bunch of doctors around her. In fact, she might have to have a c-section. Although, that doctor seems to have everything under control...

   Of course I already know what's going to happen! I'm the one showing you this stuff! 

   Anyways, before I was rudely interrupted....

   After much work, about twenty minutes later a baby boy is wrapped in a blue blanket, a mother with damp wet curly hair stroking it's cheeks and arms and body. To her side stood no one, not even Mr. Carrie. 

   But Mrs. Carrie told herself she'd prefer it no other way. 

   As you see now, the moving of her lips with silent whispers is her trying out new names for this baby. She didn't like naming on appearance, because as she's learned, appearances and names do not go together for they can be deceiving. 

   Watch closely now. This is one of the most important parts yet. 

   ......

   Did you see that? 

   No?

   Not the way the baby had been staring at the mother, and when she told him all about how appearances can be deceiving, the way he sort of reached up and stroked her cheek? 

   No, it is not a trick on the eye! The baby seemed to understand her! 

   Fine, if you don't wish to believe that, then we'll just move on. 

   Oh now we missed it! If I could, I'd show you what she said, but atlas I cannot to someone so unwilling....

   Really? You want to hear?

   She said a name. A full, honest name, that now belongs to this baby. 

   "Sage Derrick Carrie." 

   And that, my dear friend, is the start of this story where the oblivion of a child is quite a brutally beautiful thing, and how the breaking of the oblivion may not be because of the parents poor sheltering, or the sharp eye of a child. 

   Sometimes oblivion can't hide everything forever.