Chapter 0: A Rage is Born

Welcome to the crime infested city of New Domino. This city claims to have justice, but most people know better. They have to rely on other sources. That's when people hire a mercenary. We mercenaries will kill if the pay is good. Hell, we're up for anything if the pay is high enough. This city is cruel. Gangs overrun streets and the police are just as corrupt. Mercenaries usually keep to themselves, most are only in it for the money. Me? I'm in it for a more personal reason.

My name is Kallen. I am a mercenary.

I make a good living as a mercenary. I am well known for always getting the job done. By any means necessary. I'm mostly hired to assassinate people, it's what I do best. All in hope that I someday find... Him...

Him... The one that brought a rain of fire upon my life. Four years ago, life as I knew it vanished before my eyes. My parents and I were having a nice quiet dinner... when he appeared. He wore a blood-red trenchcoat that hung down to his ankles. Two holsters were attached to his legs, each filled with sleek black revolvers. Attached to his back was a brown leather sheath, filled with a long black steel sword. He had medium length white hair... and blood red eyes that seemed to pierce my very soul. He stood outside of the house, just staring at the family. As I turned and saw him, the house erupted into flames.                                                                                                     

I still think it was that white haired man.

I tried to get out with my parents, but because of the debris, I was separated from them. I found an alternate route and followed it, but then I was trapped underneath more debris as the floor above gave away. I saw my parents before me, cowering against a wall several feet away. For a split second, me and my parents exchanged glances and my mother mouthed the words:

"Stay safe."

The man with white hair and red eyes stood before them, his black sword pointed forwards them. Then in one swift moment... there was a spray of blood as my parents fell to the ground. The white haired man knelt by them and used my father's shirt to clean the sword of the blood. I felt a rage like no other. I wanted to avenge my parents, I wanted to end this man's life.

Slowly, I fell unconscious. I don't know how I survived. Several hours later, I awoke in a hospital. My wounds weren't very serious, so I recovered rather quickly. As soon as I recovered... I returned to my ruined home, to give my parents a farewell.

When I stared at the wreckage of my once beautiful home, I remembered the white haired man, and my blood started to boil. That was the breaking point for me. I plotted my vengeance...