Deserted

"I can't take this anymore," I thought to myself as I stuffed a few water bottles in my bag. My name's Rikki. I'm from England and I have dark brown hair and hazel eyes. I was just so sick of my mom telling me that I was good for nothing and yelling at me. I mean I'm an A+ student. Get off my back. And my dad just sits there like a lug and lets my mom call me all these dumb names. I was done. I grabbed all the money in my room and put it in my bag. I've saved up a lot. I'm going to buy a plane ticket somewhere. Anywhere but here. I finished packing the necessities. My best friend was Danny. He was tall, tan and had black hair. It was time to go to his house.

Danny's POV

I heard my door open. Since no one knocked or rung the doorbell, I knew it was Rikki, my best friend. She stormed in with glossy eyes.

"What happened??" I asked. "I'm running away but I don't know where." "How bout Aussie?" I asked in my best Australian accent. She stared at me like I was a psycho. Then her face changed. She was starting to let the idea sink in. "Fine. I'm leaving," she said. "I'm coming with you," I said. "No. You are certainly not coming." "You're my best friend. I can't live without you." I smiled and she blushed. Then she started to call someone. Probably her idiot boyfriend, Zeke. He thought he was so freakin cool. 'Oh, I'm tall and I'm blonde and you all should be jealous.' Pain in my you-know-where. I overheard their conversation. Unfortunately, he was coming with us. Oh great. I can't stand him now and I have to spend a whole trip with him? I just shut up and packed stuff and money. We were so close to the airport that we just walked there. But before leaving we went to Rikki's house. She thought that she should at least write a letter telling her mother that that she was leaving to Australia and goodbye forever.

Rikki's POV

When me and Danny arrived at the airport, we spotted Zeke and I gave him a huge hug. Danny's eyes squinted but I wasn't sure why. We all got tickets, passed security and went to the gate. We waited there until the plane came. It wasn't that big. Only about 15 people could fit. We were going to Sydney. I still couldn't believe I was saying that. We got on board and took off. I fell asleep on Zeke's shoulder.

Later I woke up to the sound of alarms and everybody freaking out. The plane was crashing. I started screaming as the plane crashed onto water. All three of us got on a life raft and so did the other passengers. "I'm so going to die," I thought. We all rowed the raft until we saw a shore. When we got there I scoped the area. It was like a desert. No humans in sight. I crawled into a ball. Both Zeke and Danny comforted me. At least I have two people I love.

"I'm going to try and find some kind of food source," said Zeke. He left with many of the other passengers. It was just me and Danny. We sat side by side. "Are we ever going to get out of here?" I asked almost in tears. "I honestly don't know."

"Why did I have to leave home?? And worse, why did I have to be stupid and drag you into this?" "It's okay Rikki. Doesn't matter where I am. As long as I'm with you. We'll get through this," he said. He interlocked our hands.

"Hey, I found--." Zeke came back. "What the hell do you think you're doing??" he yelled at Danny as he saw his hand holding onto mine. Zeke ran up to Danny and punched him in the face. They started fist fighting right in front of me. I kept trying to break them up.

"Get out of here, you stupid slut!" he yelled at me. I was infuriated. I grabbed my bag and ran away from those two. I hate guys!

Danny's POV

I was still fighting with Zeke when I realized Rikki left. "You idiot! Look what you did! Now I'll never be with Rikki. But neither will you. Hope you're happy."

For once, he had nothing to say. Luckily, Rikki left footsteps. Me and Zeke followed the trail. We walked for about a half an hour until I stopped stiff in my tracks. In front of me I saw Rikki. With a pack of wild dingos before her.

Rikki's POV

I was scared as hell. I saw Danny slowly and carefully come up to me. Zeke was hiding behind a rock. Coward. Danny walked up to me and held my hand. He stood up tall and brave. I never realized how good looking he was. Oh god, now is NOT the time for that. We were about to die. For some strange reason, the dingos sniffed us and walked past us. They were getting close to the rock Zeke was hiding behind. This was our chance. Me.and Danny ran like the wind. All I heard was Zeke screaming. Then, it abruptly stopped. I knew what had happened. I started crying. Even though I basically hated Zeke, it was still partially my fault that he was dead and I felt terrible about that. Danny spotted a cave. He wrote SOS in front of it and went inside. "What's the point? It's not like anybody is going to look for us." I said. "Just in case," he said. We sat down. It was awkwardly silent. We looked at each other. "Thanks for standing by my side before and not giving up." "I will never give up. Not on you." Then, he came closer and he kissed me. No, not one of those makeout sessions that I had with Zeke but a short and meaningful one. We both fell asleep.

"Excuse me, miss?" It was some guy in a uniform. "Are you okay?" "Well not really. I'm deserted here with this guy." I said pointing to Danny who was still sleeping. I woke him up. "I saw the SOS" the man said. "Where do you need to go?"

"London, England," I said.

"I'll take you there. In my helicopter," he told me. "Are you serious?? Thank you so much!" Me and Danny got into the copter. We felt so grateful that we would survive after all. Then, I started to think of what would happen when I got home. I'd have to confront my mom. Gee, why couldn't I just have thought of that before. I'm an idiot. At least one good thing came out of this. I look at Danny and he looked at me with his mischevious dark eyes and gave me a smirk. We finally landed and Danny went home and I went to mine.

I rang the doorbell and my mom answered and she stared at me. Then, she did something that I wasn't prepared for. She hugged me. I didn't hug her back. I was still upset.

"Oh my god. Why would you run away from me? I missed you so much!" she said. "Well if you really missed me why didn't you look for me? Huh?"

"I did! I flew to Sydney and I looked everywhere. I should've tried harder."

"So you did look for me?" I asked.

"Of course I did. You're my daughter. I love you so much." Tears formed in my eyes as I hugged her. But for the first time in days, these were tears of joy.