thirty-nine: heart to heart

***Leo***

"Wait so this whole time Hades had you down in the underworld?" Percy asked. Leo nodded his head.

"Aren't a little bit mad at him?" Annabeth asked. Leo shook his head.

"Not really, I went to ask the God's something and they gave me my answer.." Leo fiddled with the ring on his finger and smiled sadly. "I have a question." Leo looked up at the three demigods in front of him.

"What's up?" Percy asked. Annabeth stared at Leo curiously and Nico just shrugged.

"Would you guys be mad at me for asking the God's to take away my immortality?" Leo asked. Annabeth stated at Leo shocked.

"That's what you were doing?" She asked. "Leo-"

"Leo of course no-" Nico went to grab Leo hand but Leo pulled away.  Leo started to cry as he looked at Percy.

"So it was stupid of me?" Leo asked.

"Oh yeah that was very stupid." Percy said. Annabeth stated at Percy shocked.

"Percy!" Annabeth cried. Nico reached for Leo again.

"Leo-" Leo shook his head.

"I'm just going to go relax..." Leo ran away from them and towards the Argo 2. He plopped himself down in the middle of the deck and stared up at the sky.

"You know, you being alone after we discovered what happened is never a good idea." Leo jumped and sat up quickly as his heart raced. He took a deep breath when he realized it was just Percy.

"Don't scare me like that!" Leo cried. Percy sat in front of Leo cross legged.

"Sorry, and I didn't get to finish what I was saying because annabeth interrupted me before I could." Percy looked at Leo and smiled.

"About me being stupid-"

"Leo, I turned down immortality before." Percy said. Leos eyes widened.

"Woah what!" Leo cried. Percy nodded.

"I didn't want to accept it because I wanted to be with annabeth and as a God...I wouldn't be able to do that." Percy looked at his hands and smiled. "I think that's why they were so against you giving it up." Leo laughed.

"Wow you are-"

"I'm nothing really, just someone who really likes to piss off the God's." Percy started laughing. Leo laughed.

"Well, ill give you that. You never seem to want to do it on purpose though..."

"Only sometimes. Zeus annoys me." Percy said as he leaned back.

"Ugh can we talk about Apollo though? What is with that guy?" Leo joked. Percy smiled and looked up at Leo who was looking up at the sky. "Oh, sorry I missed your birthday but I got you this." Percy pulled something out of his pocket and Leo held it in his hands and he started to cry a little.

"Thanks Percy." Leo held the necklace close to his chest. Percy smiled. "How did you even get this?" Leo looked at the fiery hammer, the Dove, the trident, the lightning bolt, and the flaming torch as well as a skull and a dimond as well as an owl.  There was a lot going on in that one piece of art. (Hephestus, Aphrodite, Poseidon, Zeus, Ares, Hades and Pluto, Athena)

"It wasn't easy to make-"

"You made this!" Leo cried in surprise. Percy smiled.

"With the help of Hephestus..." Percy said.

"Its awesome Percy." Leo smiled and hugged Percy. "Thank you." Percy pulled away from the hug and smiled at Leo.

"I'm glad you like it, figured you would need something to remember that no matter what, all of us have your back." Percy said. Leo put the necklace on and smiled.

"It's really awesome that you came up with this idea seeming as annabeth always calls you seaweed brain and Thalia calls you Kelp head..." Leo smirked at Percy. Percy rolled his eyes.

"I have a question, but it might have to do with the past and I know you don't like talking-"

"Just ask Percy." Leo smiled sweetly.

"Why do you just think that you killed your mother?" Percy asked. Leo looked at his hands.

"I made everything explode and she was still inside all because potty sludge decided it was my fate and that this had to happen..." Leo felt a tear fall down his cheek. "She keeps saying it isn't my fault."

"You should listen to your mother Leo" Percy said. "Nothing is ever your own doing."

"But I-"

"You were just a kid and you didn't know how to control your powers back then." Percy pulled Leo into a hug. Leo pulled away and laughed.

"Oh hey Percy, how did you know I was here?" Leo asked. "Honestly it surprised me that you of all people knew where I was hiding."

"After you ran off I didn't even bother staying and getting yelled at for them not letting me finish my sentence so I ran after you." Percy rubbed the back of his neck and then smiled. "I really care about you Leo and I don't want you to get hurt more than you are-" Leo hugged Percy stopping him from talking.

"I'm sorry I ever got us into this mess." Leo mumbled into Percys chest.

"I'm actually glad you did Leo, because had you not then you probably would have been dead." Percy gestured at Leos wrist and then sadly smiled. "Whatever happens you are alive and that's all that matters to me you hear?" Percy smiled and Leo smiled back. He was smiling an actual smile.

"Thank you Percy." Leo grabbed his hand and they started to walk off the ship. Percy started talking about why he didn't want to be immortal and Leo explained to Percy why he didn't want   it and Percy agreed that he was not selfish for wanting to be mortal. Percy and Leo reached Percys cabin and Leo just looked aroud noticing everyone had gone to bed. Had it really just been them two talking all day?

"Wow...have we really just been talking all day without noticing?" Leo asked. Percy nodded his head.

"Yeah, I guess so. But it was nice Leo, I'm glad I got to share and I'm glad you opened up to me." Percy smiled brightly at Leo. "It meant a lot that you had actually spoken up."

"You are family to me Percy, I felt like I needed to show you my appreciation." Leo hugged Percy. "Thank you for not calling me names."

"People have actually-" Leo crossed his arms and looked at his feet sadly.

"Many times. Hell, when I almost killed Frank that day all I saw was disappointing looks and rage and so much hatred towards me...I always felt like around you guys I was a freak and just didn't belong at all and that's why I had almost-" Percy started crying and pulled Leo into a hug.

"I'm so sorry we didn't even bother asking you if you were okay! I'm sorry we never noticed you not eating or you just not coming near us and that mask you wore-"

"That's just it Percy, I was a really good actor." Leo looked up into Percys eyes. "But thank you for not just leaving me alone, I appreciate that we talked it helped me a lot." Percy nodded his head and went to enter his cabin when he looked back at Leo.

"Why don't you sleep in here tonight?" Percy asked with a small smile. "If you want to?" Leo smiled and nodded his head.

"Id love that Percy." Leo and Percy entered the cabin and Percy lit a candle and they sat there talking until Percy fell asleep. Leo laughed at that. "You drool when you sleep." He mumbled as he curled up in a ball and fell asleep himself.

****A.n. just a cute little chapter I hoped you enjoyed it! I figured I tortured you guys enough with sad chapters so now I'm starting to sort of balance that heartache with happy parts I think haha trust me though I'm evil and already started the next chapter and shit does happen that's gonna make you want to strangle me for it not explaining any further! Byeee***