Behind The Mirror

Chapter 1: The Past and Future

There was once a legend about a magical place where animal's talked and tree's danced but it was hidden but not forgotten, this place as some of us know is called Narnia.

Susan Pevensie after been to the magical place eventually grew up but she never forgot the magical place and everyone in it. She told many stories about the place to her curious young twin daughters who were now nine years old, they loved the stories and incouraged their mother to tell her more stories they understood that their mother wouldn't lie about such an amazing, but Susan's husband and the children's dad Rolf didn't believe in such stories. The twins names were Emily Jane Banks who was girly and Eleanor Louise Banks prefered sports. They prefered their names to be Em and Ellie. Susan loved them both equally even though they both argued constintly, because although they looked nearly identicle because of it. 

On this periarticular day the twins were geting ready for school, Emily was possing infront of the mirror while Eleanor was messing about doing keepy ups with a tennis ball and racket.

"Do you think I look anything like mother?" Em asked concerned.

"Oh Em I don't know you kind of have different coloured hair and a different personality than mum!" Ellie said.

"Mum wasn't a tom boy!" Em said.

"I didn't say she was!" Ellie replied. This was a normal morning for them argueing and dissagreeing about something and they both wanted their points to be heard and right but they didn't figure that sometimes both of them are not right.

"Ellie you know you're not aloud to play ant sporting games in the house apart from chess!" Em bossily said brushing her long curly long hair.

"I know Em that's the whole point!" She replied carrying on with her little game.

"You little rebel..." Em said before she was interupted as Ellie bumped into her and she hit the edge of the mirror and it fell off, luckily it didn't brake but Ellie had to but a hand over Em's mouth so she didn't scream but behind the mirror was a door just abit smaller than their height.

"A secret cupboard!" Em shrieked.

"Shhhh, whisper!" Ellie whispered.

"I hate when you say that!" Em replied.

"It's true unless you want to unveil our secret!" Ellie replied.

"it's only a old cupboard, what if I want to tell mother!" Em said.

"Only a cupboard, no one knows about it!" Ellie replied.

"so..." Em questioned.

"Maybe we should open it!" Ellie suggested.

"Oh no you don't sister!" Em replied standing infront of it they started squabbing and trying to push eachother out the way until their father stood before them and they quickly stood side by side hiding the cupboard.

"What are you two like?" Their father said smiling.

"Silly, funny, immature!" They both chanted.

"Right I'll leave you two, to it just don't hurt eachother!" He said and with that he carried on walking.

"Thanks sis!" Ellie whispered.   

"Maybe opening that cupboard door isn't such a bad idea." Em replied, both twins searched around to makesure their parents weren't coming, and then they opened the cupboard door and as they did so they got a bit of a surprise they opened their mouths in shock and looked at one another what had they found in the secret cupboard, Em had to walk in the room next room to see if it was some sort of trick. Through the cupboard was a wonderful garden or wasn't it a forest the just couldn't surprise they thought it was a painting. Em reached out her hand but it didn't reach the painting it just kept going.

"It's not a painting!" Ellie said putting her hands over her mouth in surprise Em shuddered her hand away.

"Oh my goodness, oh my goodness, oh my goodness!" The twins said getting a bit louder than they was planning.

"Girls! Are you coming down for school or else you will miss the bus!" The twins mother called.

"Oh we'll be down in a minute, I'm just... doing my hair!" Shouted Em and Ellie did a funny impression of her sister doing her hair.

"We can't go now!" Ellie whispered.

"I know that was just a cover up!" Em replied.

"Now who's the rebel!" Ellie smirked.

"We both are lets go!" Em said, then their cat came up from behind them.

"Now don't you tell mother our plan Kitty!" Ellie said the cat looked horrified and just tip toed past them and sprinted dornstairs.

"Right are we ready!" Em said.

"Yeah time stops for us when we return to Narnia!" Ellie pointed out.

"Returned?" Em questioned puzzled.

"I had a dream I went there!" Ellie said.

"Ok ready?" Em essured.

"Ready!" Ellie said and then they held hands and walked through looking back at the room getting smaller as they walked.

"What about the mirror and the door?" Em asked.

"It doesn't matter about that anymore we're on an adventure!" Ellie said excittedly.

"Fine don't panick I'm just texting Rosealine!" Em said.

"Oh no you don't!" Ellie said and there they went again jumping up and down as Ellie atempted to grab Em's phone but it was useless.

"Oh higher no signal!" Em said.

"Don't make me laugh of course they're won't be any signal in Narnia!" Ellie said as she stopped trying to get her sisters phone.

"How do you know where we are?" Em asked putting her phone away.

"That's not your phone it's mum's we're not aloud phones and it's a massive brick who would want that, anyways I can feel it in my bones we're in Narnia as well where else would you through a cupboard to get there!" Ellie replied.

"Only because you're jealous, ok maybe you have a tiny point!" Em said, Ellie was over joyed never has her sister gave in to a arguement she did a little dance and smirked.

"I would advice you that if you are going to dance you should take lessons like me!" Em said.

"No I'm good thanks, I think I might stick to sport!" Ellie replied still smirking.

"And stop smiling like that." Em complained.

"Fine you little princess!" Ellie mocked.

"why thanks if we're in Narnia I might be one soon!" Em said.

"Well don't get your hopes up too much you never know what can happen in Narnia!" Said a strange voice.

"You know Ellie your voice might be dropping!" Em joked.

"No it isn't!" Ellie said.

"Then waht was that?" Em said.

"Eeermm, BOO! I think It was a monkey!" The strange voice said.

"I really think you have a problem Ellie!" Em said Ellie had turned around with wide eyes while Em was scaresly moving.

"I think hes right!" Ellie said.

"Don't be silly Ellie putting on different voices doesn't scare me!" Em said.

"Appartenly it does!" Ellie said