XII

Nine Point Three

Nine Point Three

"Football players behaving badly, what else is new?" Veronica muttered as her, Rosemary, Kevin, Betty, Angelina, and Ethel all walked down the dark hallway with their flashlights. All of them were dressed in black except for Rosemary, who was wearing Reggie's letterman jacket. "Steubenville, Glen Ridge. The coach's son being the ringleader. I mean, just how depraved is this town?"

"Color me impressed," A new voice spoke, causing Rosemary to scream and Angelina quickly covering her mouth. All of them turned to see Cheryl Blossom standing down the hall. "A, B, and E with B, V, and R. What would your holy roller mother say about this, Betty?"

"Holy crap, Cheryl," Rosemary gasped with her hand on her chest. "I love you, hun, but I have no idea what you're saying and you just scared the crap out of me."

Cheryl quickly sent Rosemary an apologetic look before turning back to Betty and Veronica.

"What are you doing here, Cheryl?" Betty asked.

"And where did you get those thigh-high boots?" Kevin asked in awe. "They're amazing."

"Right?" Rosemary turned to him quickly. "I have the same pair and they're gorgeous."

"Trev told Valoria, who told Josie, who told Ginger, who told Tina, who told me," Cheryl shrugged as she walked over to them. "And I thought I would help out."

"Help, or derail our investigation?" Betty questioned, causing Rosemary to roll her eyes. 

"Get over yourself, Betty," Rosemary muttered, all of them turning to her with looks of shock and confusion. Cheryl smirked at Rosemary as if she was about to say the same thing.

"Hey, guys," Ethel's voice called from the boy's locker room. "Get in here."

All of them walked in to see Ethel holding a Red notebook. She flipped it open to see pages dedicated to football players, lists of girl's names and their ranks filling up each page.

"Trev was right," Angelina spat in disgust. "They didn't even bother to hide it."

Ethel flipped to Chuck's page where they saw all of the lists of girls under his name. Rosemary scanned it and two names stuck out to her. Veronica and Angelina. Veronica had the words 'new girl bonus plus one' written next to it, and a total score of nine. Angelina had the words 'shy girl bonus plus two and a total score of eight point five.

"New girl?" Veronica asked in disgust. "Is that what I'm reduced to? Nine points?"

"Better than 'Big girl'," Ethel sighed, pointing out her name. "Seven point five."

"Or 'shy girl'," Angelina muttered angrily, walking away from the group and the playbook, muttering that she was going to wait in the hallway and keep watch.