8.

~Blake's POV~

“Maybe our favourite quotations say more about us than the stories and people we're quoting.”

I was in deep shit. My friends are missing, drunk out of their bloody minds, and have the keys to my fastest transport option.

Huffing out cold air that burned my throat, I started jogging after the long strided footprints left in the almost melted snow. They couldn't have traveled far while hammered. But that probably depends on what motivated them to escape.

The icy wind stung my exposed skin as a moved along.

Bastards. They better provide me with a new scarf, as well as some dignity for themselves.

In the distance, there was yelling . It was unmistakable, random chants and bashing sounds.

My ears guiding me to the source, I near the location of the ruckess.

There, laying in the wet and dirty slow, laid Logan and Danni, hair sopping wet from the melting ice, making snow angels in the middle of the road.

"I believe I can fly!" Danni yelled, flapping his arms up and down.

And, in a plot of events, Logan laid face down in the snow, lazily moving his arms and legs. If these idiots get hyperthermia, I don't know squat.

Dragging my feet through the thick snow, I move towards them to lend a helping hand. Safe to say it was very, very unsuccessful. Logan refused to move from his imaginary 'snow fort' which was flat and melted. And Danni had a huge grin plastered on his face, almost a expression one would wear when high. Not that I would know.

It was time to call for help, signal the calvary. And by calvary I mean Bridget.

I dial the number, bringing
it to my ear and let it ring. By the fourth ring she answered.

"Bridget, hello."

"Bridge, I need you help."

"As in the-love-of-my-life-has-landed-in-a-plane-crash-help? Or the Danni screwed up again with the aid of Logan kind of help?"

Proving the point, Danni released a high pitched grunt.

"I'm on my way. Address, now."

I hang up and text her the details and within fifteen minutes, her chevi pulled up the road.

The wind picked up, making the snow flow through the breeze like dancing fairies. The wind spared no mercy, tugging at Bridget's hair as she got out, only she could make even that look attractive.

Her long, curly sun kissed hair shone under the light the streetlight dimly provided. Her eyes still shined even when she was in distress. God, I needed to get a grip.

I could never go for Bridget, besides the point that she doesn't like me back, she's the girlfriend of one of my best friends. It would break both of them if I meddle.

"Blake! What the hell happened?" Her voice went an octave higher when she was nervous, who wouldn't be.

"Logan needed a pity party. Danni felt sorry for him. So generally they got hammered."

"Of course."

She moved with haste, providing aid to her boyfriend on the floor.

"Danni-Honey. Are you alright?"

"Why is Kansas pronounced as it's spelt but Arkansas is pronounced as Ar-can-saw."

"I don't have the strength to answer that. Please gain some braincells in the time span of me helping you up."

She stood behind him, linking her arms under his shoulder to pull him up, only partly successful, I helped her.

"What about Logan?"

Still very motionless in the snow.

"I'll handle it."

"Thank you for calling Blake."

"Anytime." Anyplace, anywhere.

She got behind the steering wheel, slamming the door.speeding off, I couldn't help but wonder. What if?

***

"Holy hell."

"Morning sunshine." I sipped from my coffee cup providing the little heat I needed.

"Why does it feel like I have a hole in my head?"

"Cause you were probably dropped as a baby. Would explain so, so much."

Handing him a bottled water and asprins, he grimaces at the sight, holding his head in his hands.

"You know I hate drinking asprins."

"Then maybe you should develop a higher alcohol tolerance, or here's a thought. Stop drinking."

"When fishes fly."

"You're impossible."

"Impossible to tame."

I move from the bed to clean the remnants of my cup. I mumbled a 'you wish.' as he yawns, his mouth the size of his ego.

"While you stay here. I'm off."

"Where to? YOU CAN'T JUST LEAVE ME HERE. I'LL STARVE, AND DIE."

"Logan. Stop being a baby. I'm going to work. Please behave yourself. I don't have the funds to replace another television."

"Hell yeah, strike two!"

"Goodbye Logan." I head to the door to exit when I stop in my tracks when Logan yells across the room.

"Are you gonna call her?"

"What's it to you?"

"A challenge."

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

I'm the crappiest for not updating for so long! I'm drooooowning in homework and lack of sleep. Please be patient!