<3

I just want to share the story of this poem and why it's important and special to me~
...

Garden of Blooms is a poem about a person not seeing a beautiful garden despite it being known for it's almost-like-paradise beauty. In the end she did see the garden and was dazzled by its heavenly sight.

It is a very simple poem, although it holds a lot of (different) meanings.

The meaning of this poem could be anything really... I wrote it in a way so you'll be able to think of your own meaning of the poem.

To me this poem is about people and friendships. You simply couldn't tell who a person is just by looking at them once with closed eyes. You have to "open your eyes" and look deeper into a person before you judge them.

(This poem is also a bit inspired by the song "The Truth Untold", where the person couldn't fully see show themselves to their lover. This poem is sort of a response to that. )

I wrote this poem for a project in English class.

Our teacher asked us to write a poem. We had the freedom to pick whatever topic we want to write about and what format we want to use.

This poem is originally going to be about being alone and seeing a room full of people as an empty room.
But I decided to think more figuratively and wrote it in the way it is written now.

When our teacher returned the poems back to us, I didn't get to receive mine. Turns out it was one of the chosen poems to be presented for a speech choir.

I was surprised that my poem got chosen. I thought it was too plain and simple compared to the works of my other classmates.

I was the Leader of the group and I get to choose the members who will join me for the speech choir.

I got to work with my group with a few other activities before we got on working on the speech choir. And there I knew my groupmates had the potential to deliver a great presentation, we just needed to work together and lotsssss of practice.

It was days of stress during the days of the preparation for our performance. I wasn't very good at leading people and I really dont know if I'm doing things right. But I managed to lead my group. WE managed.

Despite the harsh words that our teacher told to not just our group but the whole class and despite all our practices being a bit... unorganized, we all did our very best during the performance.

I would often encourage my groupmates that we can do it. And we did. With lost of teamwork, we did it.

During the presentation, we were all nervous. Who wouldn't be really? We performed in front of the whole grade level!

But once I got on stage, I just earned a burst of confidence. I let myself feel my poem and I was bursting with energy and emotion as we performed my work. My groupmates did really great as well. We did way better than we have practiced and that is amazing.

I'm very proud of my group. I'm certainly glad that I have picked them as my members. I had enjoyed working with them. They were the garden of blooms that amazed me.

I have another meaning to my poem: We are all a garden of blooms.

Sometimes we might not see our worth. To ourselves we might be "empty".

But to the eyes of others, we might be their paradise. We just have to open our eyes to see the beauty.