Prologue

I was a fresh college graduate when I learned that I still have a family left. I don't have a colorful childhood but of a tragic one. Dr. Jaeger and his family fostered me when my parents were murdered in front of me. His son, Eren, saved me and brought me back to life. From then on, I devoted myself to protect him and was fueled by Mrs. Jaeger's dying wish for me to protect him. After a year, Dr and Mrs Jaeger died on an accident. Nonetheless, me and Eren managed to survived and had a peaceful (if not for Eren's brawling habit) and a simple life with Armin (a friend I took under my care) until I learned of Kenny Ackerman.

Apparently, Kenny was my estranged uncle. He's a powerful and wealthy man among the elite of society. He was disowned by my grandfather but has risen to power on his own. Unsuspectingly, I applied for a job on his corporation. And so he learned I exist. He took me and made me heir to his empire. Seeing this as an opportunity to have a stable life, I agreed to be his heir if the perks will be extended to Eren and Armin. He agreed.

At first, it was an easy task. He introduced me to a wide variety of people he think I need to be associated with - business-wise. The problem is, I was not yet prepared for the life being his heir has to offer. There are so much more to learn; from social etiquettes to what-nots. So I asked to be tutored on everything I must learn. He sent me to Sina and to have a degree while I learn social etiquttes, master three languages, at least a music instrument to play and whatever there is to learn. Eren and Armin stayed but was given a position at the corporation. He gave me Sasha, a loyal and versatile assistant, to accompany me at Sina and a guardian who will look after me at the foreign country.