2| i only wanted to help

Taehyung—

"Oh, there he is!" I heard a girl gush, making me look up from my lunch to find Jungkook striding into the cafeteria. My eyes widened, and I rushed out of my seat. "Hey! Hey, Taehyung!" Jimin called. I didn't bother to think about what I was doing. I just ran up to Jungkook, where he sat at a table with the school's hotshots: Kim Seokjin, Kim Namjoon, and Jung Hoseok. "Jungkook! Jungkook!" I called. He peered up at me, as I skidded to a stop at the table; the other boys staring at me, curiously. The younger's eyes narrowed, once he recognized me. "What are you doing?" He hissed. "I told you not to bother me, anymore!"

That made me pout, "but, I just wanted to check up on you and maybe get to know you." The eldest at the table, Jin scowled at Jungkook. "Come on, Kook. He just wants to be your friend. Stop being such a stubborn baby." He's so nice! I saw angel wings and a halo on that Kim Seokjin guy. Hoseok smacked Jungkook's back, "yeah, why are you acting so cold to this kid?" Jungkook scowled at his friends, "you don't know the details, so stay out of it." Namjoon raised his eyebrows, "I doubt the guy did you wrong. I mean...look at him. He looks like a puppy. What harm can he do to you?"

I didn't know if I should take that as a compliment or an insult, but Namjoon didn't seem all too bad, either. I had Kim Namjoon in my Korean History class, and he'd help me from time to time; and by "time to time" I mean most of the time.

Jungkook stood up from his chair, and sent a glare my way. "What do you want then?" He growled, lowly. I blinked, unfazed by his bad-boy act. "Like I said, I just wanted to check up on you and get to know you," I answered. He sneered, "I'm fine and there's nothing to know, so why don't you go back to your blonde friend who's burning you with his eyes?" I didn't even glance back, and shrugged. "Jimin? He can wait. I know you're lying to me. I know you're not fine—"

"Can you just fucking leave?" Jungkook suddenly roared. The cafeteria became so silent you could hear a pin drop. Jin glared at the younger, "yah, I didn't teach you that vulgar language, young man. Apologize to the kid, immediately." Jungkook only tsked in reply. "What's gotten into you, Kook?" Namjoon asked, shocked etched into his face. Hoseok patted my arm, and gave me a sympathetic look, "I'm so sorry about Jungkook. He's usually not like this." I sighed, and shook my head, "I just want to help you, Jeon. Remember that, okay?" With that being said, I turned on my heel to walk the other way. I sat down next to Jimin who was giving me a pointed stare, but he didn't say anything due to the disappointed expression on my face. "I only wanted to help," I pouted.

I was the first one to enter the lecture hall for Economy and Business. I decided to sit in the back, near to the exit door. Seeing that it'd be a few more minutes till class begins, I pulled the hood of my hoodie over my head, and plugged my earphones into my phone. I turned on my playlist, and let my head fall into my arms.

My mind was running wild, at the moment. It didn't look like Jungkook's friends knew what was going on, so that meant I was probably the only one who knew he was stealing. But, he wasn't stealing for no reason. I remembered what he'd said last night. Judging from the conversation, it was obvious that he was lacking in money. I clenched my fist, and gritted my teeth. It's been a weakness of mine to help others ever since I was young, and the trait only continued to haunt me. If Jungkook needed money it wouldn't be a burden for me to give him some. I come from a rich family of all kinds of doctors that brought home thousands every week. My parents are understanding people, they'd probably agree to hand him a small loan.

Sighing, I checked my phone for the time. Class was about to start, so I tugged off my earbuds and placed them into my bag. I pulled out my needed supplies and let my head fall back into my arms, waiting for the rush of students to file into the room and for the professor to start the lecture.

Soon enough everyone was seated and the professor began the lesson for the day. I placed my wire-rimmed glasses on my nose, to see the power point on the giant hanging screen, in front of the room. I took down a few notes, before continuing to listen to Mr. Kim talk about the next project assignment.

"You'll be working with partners and I'll be choosing them," he explained, which earned a few protesting groans. He glared up at the class, "if you are dissatisfied working with different people then you will have no future. Running a business means you'll have to cooperate with new ideas and new persons, no matter how much you dislike them." Mr. Kim pressed a button on his remote, to continue the power point slide. "The assignment is simple. You will be acting as if you are running a partnered company with someone, which will be your partner. You will explain to me what your company does and how you will maintain success—Seulgi, hand out the packets, please—these packets will explain more about your project in better detail."

I murmured a thank you to Seulgi once she passed me my packet, and looked over what was written on the front page. I skimmed through the pages and nodded, slightly. The assignment was fairly simple. The only obstacle would be whether I liked my partner or not, although, like Mr. Kim had said, it probably shouldn't matter if I were to be running my father's hospital in the future. Mr. Kim's voice rang throughout the room from his microphone, ceasing the slight murmur that had risen. "I'll be calling out your partners so I hope you're listening."

My mind wandered off, as he called out names. It was the beginning of Autumn and the weather outside looked absolutely wonderful. After class I'll be sure to take a walk for some coffee. I played with my pencil, mind wondering back to a particular black-haired boy. I was determined to help him no matter what. I don't know what my drive was, but I really wanted to help the younger.

"Kim Taehyung and Jeon Jungkook."

My blood froze when I heard his name paired with mine. I looked around the class to find that he was sitting in the third row in front of me. I blinked in surprise, and furrowed my eyebrows. I didn't know I even had a class with him.

Smiling, slightly, I rested my chin on my palm. At least I could try and get closer to him and try to help with his situation.

I was determined.

I will help you, Jeon Jungkook.

Aww, what a sweetheart, Taehyung is :)

-Author-nim