Day 1

~Two years before~
At my wife's funeral. She's getting lowered, slowly, and gently down 6 feet. I grabbed my youngest daughter, Tays, hand. I then try to grab Kaylees but she pulls away.
Conner: Sorry.
Kaylee: Yea right.
Kaylee was so mad at me. She shut me out her life completely. Tay tells me she'll forgive me for what I did, but I doubt it.

-Two years later-

It's the day of our neighborhood bar-b-que. Everyone is there. Even Grace. Grace and I had a past together. Before I married. After five years into my marriage, I started an affair with my wife and Grace. Grace knew, she was cool with it. But then my wife was diagnosed with a brain tumor. She laid up in bed, hurting, slowly dying. But I'm out with a girl I've know since high school. I sound like a horrible person but my wife never liked help, nor care from others. She always took care of herself. When she was diagnosed with the brain tumor she shut me and the kids out of her life, she stayed where no one knew a place like it existed. At the bbq, my and Grace snuck off. Making sure my daughters did not see. As I waited for her in the garden, I saw a unfamiliar car drive past at least three different times. I pushed it off.

~2 hours later~

Kaylee is texting her older boyfriend. He is 19. After a few minutes she comes down stairs and tells me she's going out with a couple of friends. She says they are going to the mall, so I let her go. I meet up with Rickie because we have to be at the hospital to help with a surgery. (We are nurses). As I'm on my way to work I see the same unfamiliar car pass by my house. I got the license plate and go to work. After the surgery is finished, I call Kaylee to tell her to be home by 11. She doesn't answer so I text her. I get home and call her again, still no answer. I text and call her at-least 50 times. No answer. I start to worry and fall fast asleep on the couch.

-The next morning-

I wake up at 10. As soon as I'm off the couch I go straight to Kaylees room. The door is closed so I open to see if she had came home last night after she read my messages. But I thought wrong. Her bed was empty, her bathroom. She didn't come home. I started to panic. I called her phone over and over again, no answer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you so much for reading! This is the very first chapter of "Safe". This is based of a true story so please take it seriously. The next chapter will be out in two days! Hope you enjoyed this chapter!!!

Day published: July 11, 2018
Time published: 6:35
Word count: 498