CHAPTER FIVE

The crowd gasped. The announcers were speechless. The only sound that could be heard was Conor slurping down the remnants of the All-Natural Strawberry Lemonade. He let out an "ahhhh" and smiled.

Jessica had stopped the Momba's kick with her forearm. The Momba stood on one leg, staring aghast at what had just happened. She knew Jessica had all the leverage now. Jessica smiled. Then she did a perfectly calculated leg sweep, turned that into a figure four leg lock and immediately began pummeling Momba with a series of jabs. After a few seconds, the Momba repeatedly slapped her hand against the mat, signalling her submission. Tapped out. The muay thai world champion, finally defeated.

The ref pointed to the announcer to ring the bell and, just like that, the match was over.

Jessica helped the Momba up off the ring and gave her a hug.

"You're a good fighter," Momba whispered to Jessica. "Get ready for the rematch."

Jessica nodded, smiling. Momba shook her hand and walked away.

The announcer stepped into the ring, carrying the Muay Thai World Expo Strawweight Championship Belt.

"Introducing your new Muay Thai World Expo Strawweight Champion... the Strawberry Lemonade Fighter... Jessica Wiggins!"

He grabbed Jessica's arms and handed her the belt. She raised the belt above her hand and let out a triumphant yell.

At that moment, Billy walked into the ring. The man who dumped her, who broke her heart, who kick-started this whole adventure.

"Jessica," he said.

"Billy."

They stared at each other for a few seconds.

"You were good," he said.

It was at that moment that she realized, although she started training to get her mind off Billy, she didn't need him anymore. All the blood, sweat, lemonade and tears that had led up to this moment weren't just about getting over her ex love, but learning to appreciate a new love - the love she had for herself. Jessica finally found who she really was, and the person she found was a strong, independent woman who could accomplish anything she put her mind to. She realized that before she could be with anyone again, she had to let go of Billy, focus on herself and learn to appreciate the things that made her special. She didn't need a man who required her to act a certain way. She knew now she stood a much better chance finding a long, lasting love by just being herself, just like the Strawberry Lemonade didn't need anything else to make it stand out. She took a sip and smiled at Billy.

"No, Billy. I was great," she said. Then she walked away, championship belt in hand.

Conor then entered the ring holding a Strawberry Lemonade. He and Jessica locked eyes and basked in the moment of triumph. The two stood there for a few seconds, each fully aware of the tension that was now present. They shared a smile, and Conor shared his Strawberry Lemonade.

He put his arm around Jessica's shoulder and whispered into her ear.

"Let's get out of here," he said.