Part Two, Chapter Five: The Watcher

I was in a field. Over the horizon, I could see a figure walking towards me. The figure stopped at just a few feet away from me.

"Who are you," I asked curiously.

"My name is Aliya," The figure answered, "I am a Watcher. My job is to watch children and the severity of their lives. If their lives are deemed to be too terrible, they will be placed in a new family until I see that they are truly happy."

"And you just now decided to get me out of the situation I was in," I asked angrily, "What took you so long? I was miserable for years."

"Yes, I know," Aliya responded, "You were never truly miserable until you got that bad news. I've decided to give you a new chance at life. You will start over with a family that you know very well."

"Mark and Jasmine Waters," I asked with hope that Aliya would place me with them.

"No," Aliya replied, "You will start over with Joe and LouAnn Robinson. You will start this new life at the age of thirteen. Your name will no longer be Arabella Verna Mae Sanders. From now on your name will be Sophia Faith Robinson." At this point I was entirely confused about why I was starting my life over at such a strange age.

"Before you go," I muttered, "Why am I starting my life at thirteen instead of starting it from birth?"

"Ah, I'm glad you asked," Aliya answered, "In your situation, you will start at thirteen because that was how old you were when you met them. Any other questions?"

"Will I still have all of my friends like Carlotta and Sylvie," I asked nervously.

"That one is up to you," Aliya said, "If you can handle them seeing you as a different person. They will have no memory of Arabella Sanders. I must leave now. But know this, I am always watching over you. If you are still unhappy, I will move you into a different family." Just like that, Aliya disappeared. I was completely alone in the field. All of a sudden, I started hearing someone calling my new name. I frantically looked around to see who was calling me. To my disappointment, there was nobody there. Not too long after that, I woke up.