Chapter 1~ Broken Trust

Hi, I hope you like the first chapter of my first book, please comment things i could improve on and maybe some ideas for the next chapter! Thanks!

-------------------------------- 

"Jade, Jade!"

"Yes mum?"

"Dinners ready!"

"I'm coming!" Jade shouted breathlessly running down the stairs, her wavy brunette hair following close behind. 'Knock, knock' Jade scuttled to the door but she didn't have to open it. The door flung open narrowly missing her face. "Hi dad" she said hugging her father tight. Then she washed her hands and sat down at the dinner table. Dad pecked mum on the cheek and followed Jade.

"That food was lovely" 'burp'.

"Ewww, dad!" Jade whined.

"Thank you darling, but that doesn't mean you can forget your table manners" Mum joked.

"I'm full!" Jade sighed. She scraped her chair back and ran back up the stairs. "Thanks mum!" she shouted.

Jade suddenly remembered she had a big homework assignment and chose to do it in the few hours she had before her head exploded from an information overload. She was nearly finished and was about to save it but she fell asleep. Her dad came in and shut the computer down and slid it under her bed. Then he kissed her on the forehead and left the room.

Jade woke up with a start. She glanced at the clock 1:01 am. She has been having the same nightmare at the same time for months. The nightmare always resulted in the same thing - her parents splitting up and the thought petrified her. She slowly got up and tiptoed to the bathroom careful not to wake up her parents. She got to the bathroom and splashed cold water on her face while looking up at her reflection. Sighing, she reached up to the cabnet and found the spot cream and she smeared it onto the spot that was about to erupt on her chin.

She tiptoed back out of the bathroom to be greeted by a familiar voice. Peering over the banister she spotted her father having a heated discussion on the phone. "No, i cannot leave her this week, it will have to be in about two weeks... no darling i can't!... I have to break the news to her slowly then after I break the news to her i have to break it to my fifteen year old daughter and her birthday is in a week!... What ever you want, it will have to wait till after Jade's birthday... It is ten past one, we will talk in the morning, okay.... Love you darling, okay.. okay, bye.

Jade was shocked. Her dad was planning to leave the family and he hasn't told anyone. She ran to her room, not caring if she woke up her mum. Tears were streaming down her face, bluring her eye sight. Stumbling to her bed, she weeped into her pillow. She dicided that she was going to tell her mum on the way to school. That night Jade cried herself to sleep.

Jade woke up with red blotchy eyes and didn't want to go to school. She was thinking about faking a sickie but she really wanted to tell her mum what she heard last night. In the end she decided to go to school. She put on a fake smile like every morning and brushed her teeth, and put her school uniform on. Jade hated her school uniform. it was a sickly brown colour and she went to a private school so she didnt get to wear her own clothes. 

In the car she plucked up the courage to tell her mum what she heard. Tears streamed down her face and her mum asked what was wrong, she didn't know what to say.

--------------------------------------------

So, first chapter, what do you guys think? x