.Luna Smith. (chp. 1)

Luna pov:

I woke up to the sound of glass being thrown and loud angry muffled voices from the other room. I sighed and rolled onto my back, trying to listen to commotion happening outside my door. It was my mother and father fighting as usual. The same ole routine really, like a vicious cycle. These two could start a world war in a matter of seconds. They somehow linger in the same room for too long and the one toxic topic seems to always arise, the affair. He was having an affair but he couldn't even admit it to his own damn family aloud. That is what crawled under my mothers skin. All she'd wanted was for him to admit what he'd been doing to us, to her.

I swung my legs around to the side of my bed. I was on break from school right now, so waking up on my own terms was a given. I glanced over to my clock. 12:34 pm. 'Oh wonders' I thought to myself. I straggled over to my closet and tried to make myself decent to appear outside of my room. Lets just say these months haven't been the most kind to me. My depression and anxiety had plummeted. Causing myself to always feel numb and I never want to do anything. I was so angry all the time also, and it was as if I couldn't control it. Most times words would just roll off my tongue as of nothing, but they burned my loved ones with a harsh stab. I guess now is a good time to introduce myself with some back story...

My name is Luna Smith. I'm 5' 4" and fairly lean. I'm also 17 years old. I enjoy the simple things in life, such as playing with animals or watching my favorite movies all day and going to Warped Tour. I love to have fun, but recently 'having fun' wasn't my strong suit. Since eight months ago in December I haven't been my old smiling self.

Back in December my 21 year old brother was having suicidal thoughts again. And they were not playing lightly on him. Also at the time, school was becoming hard. Grades were slipping and it felt like I couldn't control them anymore. My mother was concerned, but only about my work. I am her own daughter and she still couldn't see how much I was dying on the inside. I felt so alone, but I kept isolating myself more and more by the day. So I kept a journal. This journal was a secret, nobody knew I had it. It held all my secrets, all my rants and vents, practically my brain in pen ink. So I make sure to keep it hidden, but I always have a fear of it being found.

It became quiet outside a while ago, so I decided to go down stairs. I tip toed down the stairs like always. I swear I am as quiet as a fox. And I saw my two pit bulls still snoring away. They made me smile and run over to give them both a big kiss on the head.

I then filled the biggest glass I could find with ice cold water. It always seems to keep me alert when I decide to actually wake up. Then I walked over to the fridge and pulled out the most amazing thing on this planet, frozen Greek yogurt! I thank the person who thought of this invention. It's heaven. I threw some into a bowl a migrated back into my room.

I opened my laptop and almost jumped off my bed with excitement. "Hallelujah!" I beamed. One of my favorite YouTubers Capndesdes, had just posted a video! I clicked play and sat blissfully scrolling through YouTube, Tumblr, Twitter, and just about all of my social media links the rest of the day.

I then noticed that I was being called down for dinner, and that I had become actually really tired. So after my struggle to eat all my dinner, I decided to give in. I was tired and done giving effort. Eating wasn't my strong point. I hit my pillows and fell asleep almost instantly into sweet dreams. Funny being I did nothing today.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

AN: Hello to whoever is reading this! This is my very first work, so if you could leave a comment and vote that would be amazing! Give me feedback if you all have any. Thanks for reading and stay tuned for updates!

** Photo of Luna in the side bar and External Link & the video she was watching in side bar **

;D bye!! <3