Show Off

Brook's P.O.V

I was a bit upset that Mary had let them go just like that; if I were her, I would've made them pay and told them to never come back. And for that bastard, I would have punched him straight in the jaw. I hated his smirk and everything about him. Their music...Was decent, I'll admit. Not that great..Maybe because it is so hard to impress me, I suppose that is why guys didn't want to date me, if you catch my hint.

 As Mary and I walked out of the office, we saw our boss standing across from us, his arms crossed over his chest. His beer belly sticking out his black tuck-in shirt. I knew that we were in for it completely. "You've done it now," I whispered to Mary. She shrugged and rolled her eyes like it was nothing. She always got into trouble for doing things like this. "What's up, Doc?" I asked innocently.

"What's up is you two letting those thieves get away," he said heatedly, his face becoming an unattractive red. We followed him to his office, knowing that we were surely going to get fired now. "I have given the two of you chance after chance, and it's getting real tiring." He sighed. "Brook, even after you attacked that man for looking at you wrong, I still kept you here, and Mary, you can't let people go just like that. The both of you are fired."

"As always," I sighed, "Come on Mary."  We both turned in our things and walked out of the office. To be honest, I wasn't too upset about this, I didn't see why I should be, we were probably going to find ourselves some new jobs again. It wasn't easy, but we always looked on the bright side to everything. It helped in times like this.

"Still think we should've let them go?" I asked her.

"Oh, come on, Brook, we still have things to look forward to."

Oh yeah, the concert. I hid a small smile. Obviously, I didn't want to say this, but I was looking forward to it, I didn't have anything else planned. But, I wasn't looking forward to hearing Brian's stupid voice with any of his stupid comments or even his little pet names.

***

Mary's P.O.V

Luckily, we were able to find another job in some furniture store. It paid well and it was less annoying than the previous job we had and Brook didn't get mad that often. We finally reached Friday and I was really excited for the show. Brook was the complete opposite of me, and whined and complained about having to go, but I know she will still come. She wont let me down for an arrogant guy, ever. "You're so excited for tonight’s show, aren't you?" I winked at her, grinning widely as I could. Making my cheeks hurt.

 Brook, in return, sent me a murderous look, complete with deadly narrowed eyes. I bit down on my lip, trying not laugh, but failed. It was just so funny to see her reaction. "Why do you still want to go?" She asked, sighing. "They said some pretty stupid things."

 "Brook, I'm sure you would of said stupid comments, if you had, say, two sexy security guards -like us- searching for your ID cards on you," I said, wiggling my eyebrows suggestively.

She looked away from me, "Fuck you, Mary."

"Why don't you?" I say trying to mimic Brian's voice, obviously failing. She just glared at me furrowing her brows together. 

The end of the day arrived and we piled into our old truck -okay, it was technically Brook's truck since she got it for her birthday- but I always paid for gas, so... Same thing. She put the key in the ignition and I quickly put in the Avenged Sevenfold CD in the player to pump us up.

"Don't play that shit in my truck!" Brook yelled over the music.

"This is not shit, this is music, Brook." I explained slowly, like she was an idiot to rile her up. I knew that I was pissing her off right now, but I couldn't help it. "Hey, we are going to have a great night, looking at a show, and you never know, you could meet someone!"