- Chapter 3: Hospitalized -

WARNING: This chapter contains foul language. Please read at your own risk.

Markus ran towards Simon screaming out the only word he could ever spill out of his dry mouth: "SIMON!" Simon collapses immediately, smiling, knowing that death wouldn't be a problem since he saw Markus one last time. The leader of Jericho grabbed his best man in his arms, pouring out warm tears of joy and sadness at the same time. "It's ok, Simon. It's ok. Hang on. We will get help right away... It's ok, just stay with me. Stay with me." North and Josh rushed out of Jericho hearing Markus's scream. "HOLY SHIT! SIMON IS HERE?! Wait... He's injured... I'll go and get Lucy! Josh, help Markus bring Simon inside!" said North in a hurry. Markus and Josh then nodded as they picked Simon up and brought him to the medical room. North quickly notified Lucy about Simon's injury and immediately came back to Simon and the others. 

Markus was pouring tears out of his eyes while he was mumbling to himself over and over again: "It's gonna be okay, it's gonna be okay, it's gonna be okay, it's gonna be okay..." He was outside the medical room, patiently waiting for his best friend to be in a healthy state. Lucy, Josh, and North were too busy trying to keep Simon alive with 2 packs of thirium that quickly turned into 4 then 6. It was a horrible scene to watch. Markus couldn't handle it at all, hence his stay outside. "What if he doesn't make it..? What if he won't be able to see me.? What if he won't be able to function correctly? ...what if he dectiva-... No. He'll make it. He has to. He just has to." Markus told himself. Everyone in Jericho heard about Simon and how broken Markus is. There were mumbles in every corner of this abandoned boat. Everywhere you went it would be or a "Is Simon gonna be okay?" or a "Markus? Crying? No way." or even a "Do you think they are together?". It was absolute chaos.

After a few hours of not letting Markus inside, he was authorized to do so. He barged in with tears rolling down his cheek as if he was a living waterfall: "Simon..! Simon. Is he gonna be okay...? Is he alive...?" "Indeed he is Markus. He needs to change his thirium bag every hour or so. Keep that in mind." said Lucy which, after those words, left the two androids alone. Markus grabbed a chair and placed it next to Simon's head. It was heartbreaking for Markus to see his best man lying almost lifeless on a hospital bed. He sat down, producing more and more tears every second. "Don't get me wrong, Simon. I'm happy you're back. But just seeing you like this... hurts. A lot. I can't bear seeing you like this. It's heartbreaking. I don't know how to express myself in another way... It's just... Heartbreaking."

"Where did he go? Doesn't he know people need him? We need to plan our next move!" She looked for him in all sorts of different places. She then checked the last place on her checklist. The medical room. More specifically Simon's room. She opened the door in a hurry: "MARKUS! I-..." Markus was sitting on the chair he had placed next to Simon, crying his entire soul out, holding Simon's hand.