(Chapter 1) Creepers In My Kitchen

Ding dong.

     The weekend was finally here.  I opened my tired eyes and rolled over to check the time.  My digital clock on my bedside table informed me it was 1:35 in the afternoon.  What the heck!? I questioned myself, sitting up and rubbing my eyes.  1:35, I had never slept in so late.

     Ding dong.

     Groaning, I got out of bed and felt the soft carpet on my feet.  Starting toured my bedroom door I almost fell, twice.  You know that feeling you get when you get out of bed for the first time after being sick in bed all day.  That’s what it felt like.

     Ding dong.

     I picked up the pace, attempting to take the stairs two at a time.  Mission unsuccessful.  While almost spraining my ankle in the process, I finally got to the door just as the bell rang again.  Stupidly, I yanked the door open without even checking who was there first.  Luckily, it was just Nathan, my best friend.

     “What do you want?” I mumbled, frowning at him.

     “Well, good morning sunshine, nice to see you too.” He snickered, shrugging his way past me.

     “I know you are only here to get our left over tacos from last night.  Why don’t you just go get one of those Subway Help The Homeless meals?” I murmured, following him into the kitchen, the tile extremely cold on the soles of my feet.

     “Very funny.” he laughed right before I leaned against the open fridge door, closing it in Nathan’s face.

     “If you didn’t want to see me, why did you open the door?” Nathan straightened his back, motioning to the front door.

     “I wanted to get rid of the annoying bell.” I smiled, daringly.

     “You know you love having me around.” Nathan smiled, pulling me into his chest. 

     “Let me go!” I protested, pushing my hands against his chest.  I had never noticed how muscular Nathan was, you could see his toned chest through his white T-Shirt.

     I got away quickly and ran a few paces toured the stairs, almost tripping once again.

     “I’m going to go take a shower,” I yelled jogging up the stairs “Do me a favor and don’t burn down the house.” I heard him laugh as I locked the bathroom door.

     After taking a quick shower I put in my contacts and applied some mascara.  Just as I was about to walk into my room to get dressed, I heard my phone ring downstairs.  Even though I was in a robe, I ran as fast as I could down the stairs, Nathan beat me to it.

     “Hello?” Nathan asked quietly, hoping it wasn’t Andrew calling.  Nathan absolutely hates Andrew for what Andrew did to me, and whenever they spoke, even on the phone, you could tell they were mentally punching each other in the face.

     I sighed in relief when I heard a muffled female voice on the other end of the line. 

     “No, she does not want a discount on a Botox shot!  Good day sir!” Nathan practically yelled into the phone.

     “Nathan, stop….” I murmured, dramatically snatching my cell from his grimy man hands.

     As I walked over to the refrigerator, I mentally predicted what food would already be absent, courtesy of Nathan Roberts.  Right now, all I wanted was a cool class of Simply Orange: Orange juice.

     “Nathan, where’s the orange juice?” I asked, the annoyance standing out.  I turned around sighing heavily when I saw him chugging my precious Simply Orange straight out of the bottle.  Not wanting to start an argument I just grabbed my car keys and yelled,