Introduction: Would You Want to Know?

I wrote these flash fiction pieces in return for reviews of  THIS IS HOW YOU DIE, the second "Machine of Death" anthology. When someone wrote a review of the book, they pointed it out to me, and I'd either draw a card from my deck of "Cause of Death" cards, or the reviewer could visit the http://www.machineofdeath.com/ site and let me know what they got.

If you've not read Machine of Death or the sequel, This is How You Die (in which I have a story), the short version is this: there's a machine that, with a simple blood test, will tell you how you're going to die. It's always right. But it might not be what you think. The stories in both collections explore the that single premise, and take the reader in a whole bunch of wonderful (or frightening, or funny) directions.

Would you want to know?

If you'd like to try either anthology out, they're available over at http://machineofdeath.net/ - you can download them for free, and you can also listen to free audio versions. My story was "Old Age, Surrounded by Loved Ones" and can be found in THIS IS HOW YOU DIE, the second Machine of Death anthology. It's about twins - one wants to know, one doesn't - but the death machine is going to make things more complicated than either of them would like.

As for the mini-death tales? Consider this an ongoing request - If you want a mini-death tale of your own, just write a review of This is How You Die (or, frankly, any of my books or anthologies in which I have a story, doesn't have to be This is How You Die) wherever you'd like, and link it back to this page for me (or my facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/apostrophen).