23

Emily's POV

It's been two and a half weeks since my dad told me we were moving to Texas. These last few days, I have been avoiding him. He's tried calling me but I never picked up. I either stayed at Hanna's, Aria's, or Alison's house this week. I don't want to face my dad. Because I know he's going to make me pack and I'm not going to.

I'm not moving. I'm not leaving my best friends and I'm sure as hell not going to leave Alison. I just need to hurry up and turn eighteen so I can tell my dad that I'm not moving. Just three more days until my birthday. I just have to avoid him that much longer.

"You know, I used to like your dad but not anymore," Hanna tells me with a roll of her eyes. "I mean what kind of father makes their daughter move without any say so what so ever." Aria nods her head in agreement. Luckily the two of them worked out their issues and are back on track again.

"Yeah, I mean he knows that you belong here." Aria adds.

"He said I didn't have a choice but to move. He has sent me a lot of messages telling me to come home but I ignore all of them. He knows I don't want to move and that's why he keeps texting me." A heavy sigh escapes my lips as I grab my book for English from my locker.

"Emily Fields, please come to the office." Mr. Hackett's voice goes over the inner come.

"I'll see you guys in English." I wave them goodbye and head to the office. He probably wants me to train another girl how to swim like he did the last time he called me. Which I don't mind helping considering it lets me get out of class.

Whenever I get to the office, I stop dead in my tracks. My dad is sitting in a chair with his hand on his head, indicating that he's agitated. I quickly turn around and try to head out but my dad stops me.

"You're not going anywhere." He tells me in a stern voice. I grab my phone from my front pocket and shoot a quick text to the girls saying SOS. "Emily." I turn around to see my dad giving me a death glare. "We are moving today."

"What?!" I practically yell, not caring what the office people think of me. "It hasn't been three weeks yet!"

"Well, we are moving today. I have all your stuff packed and ready to go."

"You had no right to go through my things." I grit, hurt that he would evade my privacy like that.

"You didn't give me much of a choice. Now, let's go."

"She's not going anywhere with you." Hanna comes into the office with Aria right beside her. They both stand slightly in front of me.

"She doesn't have a choice." He argues, getting mad that they are defending me. The office lady is just watching this all go down, not knowing what to do.

"Like hell she does." Aria snaps. "She's about to be eighteen and when she does turn, she gets to choose where she lives. So when that day comes, which is in three days, she will be right back here because it's her choice. Not yours."

"Fine, you have a choice, Emily." My dad looks at me. "You can either stay here and live with your friends or you can move to Texas with me."

"I don't want to move." I look down at the ground, feeling guilty. Like I'm betraying him somehow. I look up at him to see that he's already gone. A tear slips down my cheek. I think I just lost a father.

"It's going to be okay, Emily. We are going to be here for you." Hanna pulls me into a group hug with Aria. I instantly feel better. I'm home. I'm home with my mom, my friends, and Alison, who I love so much. And there's no place I'd rather be.

"You are small but you're big." I tell Aria for the way she stood up to my dad. Aria laughs and hugs me tighter.

***

As soon as I get out of school, I drive as fast as I can to get to Alison's. I can't wait to tell her that I get to stay here in Rosewood.

I don't have to leave her. I don't have to leave my home. I can stay here and I can be with Alison without fear of my dad catching us.

Once I reach Ali's house, I jump out of the car and run up to her door before knocking loud and fast. A few seconds pass before Alison opens the door and immediately she smiles.

"Hey, Em." She pulls me into a kiss, smiling while doing so. She hasn't seen me in two days. I didn't want my dad showing up at Alisons for some unknown reason.

"I get to stay here in Rosewood." I say as soon we pull apart. "With my mom, my friends, and you." Her eyes light up at this and she smiles really big.

"Thank God!" Alison jumps into my arms so I wrap them around her waist. "That's the best news I've heard in all my life." She breathes before kissing me again.

Ali pulls me into the house and shoves me against the wall beside it, making me gasp at the rough action. Her lips land on mine in a rough but passionate kiss.

My arms immediately wrap around her waist as her hands find their way into my hair. Her tongue exceeds into my mouth, meeting with mine. She tastes amazing like always.

I feel Alison's hand slide down to the back of my thighs before I jump up so my legs can wrap around her waist. She's surprisingly strong enough to do so.

"I love you so much." Alison breathes with a smile after pulling away from my lips.

"I love you, too." I respond before pressing my lips against her irresistible ones.

***

I wake up the next morning to the sound of Alison snoring next to me with her head on my shoulder. Most people would think that it's annoying to hear someone snoring but to me it's cute. I can't believe I get to stay here with her.

I can't believe how in love I am with her. I'd do anything for her. I'd do anything just to make her happy. I kiss the side of her head and pull her in closer to me. She stirs a little in her sleep but doesn't wake up.

I slip out from under her and head to the kitchen to make us coffee. We stayed up late last night kissing and watching movies. More kissing than anything.

After making us both our own cups of coffees, I head to the living room to wake Ali up where we some how managed to fall asleep at.

"Ali." I whisper, shaking her a little bit. She only groans and snuggles into the pillow. I smile. "Ali, wake up." She finally opens her beautiful blue eyes and stare up at me with a small, tired smile.

"Can't we just sleep all day." Ali laughs and sits up so I hand her her cup of coffee before I sit down beside her. She just stares tiredly at me with a small smile.

"You're so beautiful in the morning." I say as I move a strand of her hair. She only shakes her head with a smile before leaning in to kiss my lips. When we pull away, our foreheads meet.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

Another short chapter😐 sorrryyy. This chapter kinda sucks but Idk. Let me know what you think🙂